cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system name in SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are into SRM version 5.(SRM server 5.5) with the backend system as SAP ECC 6.0 .

The logical system is defined as '0000000050' for backend SAP system . All the systems like CRM and BW uses this as the logical system name for backend system . Recently SRM is implemented in our organization and we have no other choice and have to use the logical system name as '0000000050'

When product categories are assigned in the org attributes , the system stores the back end system as 50 and this is the issue. SAP support mentions that this is issue with logical system naming convention and that need to be fixed . But they fail to understand that the same name works fine in all other systems and also in SRM system except product categories .

Is there any OSS note for this fix. I would like to hear your experiences in this scenario.

Thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to use the logical system name as ECC6SRM550 --10 digit. you can change the number

why to use 0000000050.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Logical System names are system specific, hence you have a different name in SRM system which will represent your backend system and this is not at all an issue. As suggested by SAP; '0000000050' is not the best name as per best practices.

You should have a name which should be of the pattern: <SID>CLNT<Client Number>.

Now here is the solution/work around. But be very careful and try this in sandbox system before being carried out in Dev/QA/PRD systems. Please make sure no other users are performing any activity while these tasks are being carried out.

In addition, please read through the ["Set up and system copy of SRM server 5.5";|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000310782007E/SRM50_SetupTranspCopy.pdf] guide before you carry out this activity:

The below activities are to be carried out only in SRM system

I assume SRM & Backend are separate instances

1. Create a new logical system name for the backend system in SRM system as per the standard suggested above.

2. Then use the transaction BDLS, to convert the old logical system name to new logical system name in all the tables.

3. Now, the step 2 ensure the logical system name is converted appropriately in all tables except SRM Org Structure related table.

4. Use the report RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE, for replacing all the old logical system value with new logical system value. Please note while providing the inputs in the screen, there will be a Checkbox field called "Sub-String", you must check this one for all attributes you enter in the report. Then when you execute the report, a list will be display, here you have to select all the rows and click the first button on the toolbar. Only then the attributes will be updated.

Please let me know, if further inputs are required.

Regards, Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies . I know that the correct naming convention is not followed . Actually the logical system name was defined very early stages of SAP in our organisation and that is before SAP came up with suggested naming for logical system. We have lot many interacting system like CRM,BW,CUA etc. So we little hesitant to change the logical system name only in SRM system.All the system uses '0000000050' and it is fine . Even in SRM , only the product categories are stored in this way and not the other attributes , when we assign the attributes in the org structure.

As of now , once the product categories are assinged in the org structure . I am running the program RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE to make the logical system in the table from 50 to '0000000050' and it is working .

I came across a SAP notes for SRM 3.0/SRM 4.0 to fix this issue . I would like to know any body come accross any OSS note to fix this issue for SRM 5.0

Thanks

Mani

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi mani

please expalin in detail more.

are your logical systems names same name for all other application servers?

bd54 tcode you can see logical system name description check is it your logical system corrctly mapped to your backe end system.

sap do not recommend your naming conventions since you have lot of application server interfaces. it confuses lot.

happy to know that problem was resolved after running rha report. please mention the situation like it is like after refresh of srm system. so we would have narrow down the particular point. as kathir mentioned the production logical system remain stay in org structure unless you run the report .

br

muthu