cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic Language compatability- Will XI accept Arabic accept arabic language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted to know whether XI is compatible with Arabic langauge.I mean , if a message comes in XI which has Arabic text in some fields ,then will XI process this Arabic languae and send the same arabic text to the traget system.I found some threads wherein I got to know that it is possible,but thier scenario was file adapter as sender.So my second question ,is this possible only with File adapter as a sender.

For eg consider the scenario, IDOC -->XI -->IDOC , Sender IDOC has a field in Arabic text , so will the target system (IDOC) get the same arabic text.

I need to know whether this possible or not.

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

XI is unicode compatible so you should not have any issue with arabic language.

You can have a look at the below article to see how to handle various encodings

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

There is no requirement to use only file adapter,you can use any adapter for message transfer.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu

>I just wanted to know whether XI is compatible with Arabic langauge.I mean , if a message comes in XI >which has Arabic text in some fields ,then will XI process this Arabic languae and send the same >arabic text to the traget system.

Yes,

>Sender IDOC has a field in Arabic text , so will the target system (IDOC) get the same arabic text.

Yes,

Cheers

Agasthuri