Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create Intercompany Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I'm new here, hello

I have a parent company with 4 separate sectors and many subs (18) in the Financial Services Sector. The treasury department within the Group charges a finance cost on the "true" intercompany balances with all the subs at month-end.

In order to speed up the month-end reporting process, i'm considering automating the creation and reconciliation of intercompany entries by using control accounts and a matrix which would help the system to recognise whether an intercompany transaction has taken place. No manual entries will be permitted in these control accounts to ensure integrity of data.

How can SAP Financials be configured to automatically generate these intercompany entries?

Is there an "Intercompany best practice &/or blueprint" for SAP?

Thankyou

Soud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You set this up in SPRO. Financial accounting-General ledger accounting-Business transactions-Prepare Cross-Company Code Transactions.

There you define what by your company codes, the GL accounts you want to use as the receivable or payable intercompany posting as well as your preferred posting keys. You can set your GL account to post automatically only and turn off as needed for adjustments.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

Thanks. I now have a starting point.

Is there a blueprint or procedure that i can follow to implement this?

Soud

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any. check out the documentation in spro beside the task. Also look at the help documentation. Hope that helps.