cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Session Data status does not change in EWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

The hour glass next to the early watch alert in the solution manager system has the status "wait for session data". The SDCCN in the satellite system has the RFC configured correctly and the RFC is working fine when tested. I have installed the latest ST-PI and ST-A/PI for my basis release 640 on the satellite system. The basis release of the solution manager is 701. The self diagnosis button in solution manager does not list any errors or warnings for that satellite system.

There are no errors in the task Refresh Session task in the satellite system's SDCCN:

Refresh of session overview started from destination SM_R3SCLNT001_BACK

> Sessions are up to date

Refresh of session overview completed from destination SM_R3SCLNT001_BACK

Any ideas why I can't generate the EWA in the solution manager system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

carsten_esser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

for everyone who still faces this issues: I had this in two different cases (each one system landscape and one solman). I solved it by deleting the system landscape and systems in the solman and complete re-defined them. After that the satellite system catched the "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager" correctly.

Regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Needed to completely replace the service definitions on the solution manager box from OSS and also update all the satellite systems from Solution Manager after. Please refer to note 727998 if you experience the same issue.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input.

Sergiy

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I've got the same problem, went through the note, but it didn't solve my problem.

Here I can say, that several points from the note are NOT clear (typically SAP...):

I am falling in the category with ST-PI ... or newer.

- SDCCN:

Delete any task 'Maintenance Package' in the 'To do' tab.

Ensure that no connection to SAP is maintained in:

SDCCN-> Goto -> Settings -> Task specific -> RFC destinations.

<so I deleted all the RFCs in that location>

Ensure that connection 'NONE' is maintained, and that the 'master' flag is set.

<surprisingly, now there is a connection that has to be maintained!! Also the 'master' flag is always grayed out for me and never clickable!!>

Create a new periodic task 'Maintenance Package'.

<Not working, until I added back my SM_<SID>CLNT<No>_BACK connection>

- Step 2:

Re-import the service definitions, c)

They are saying how to setup the destinations, but NOT how to import the service definitions!

So, not really sure how to interpret and apply the note... Please help! The satellite system is NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1, Solution Manager 7.1 SPS10.

It goes on... I found this link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http...

With it, I could transfer the data to the solution manager, but I can only see 'Data is available', when I click it and tell it to start the job, SM:EXEC SERVICES 000000000400100 runs for 6-7 seconds and completes successfully, though the EWA report still says 'Data is available', but no report is being generated. I also re-executed the job SM:EXEC SERVICES and still nothing.