cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service instead of IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some processes I want to investigate whether I can use Service instead of IDOCs/RFc's.

E.g. when creating a PO in ME21N you normally create an IDOC using output control and send it to another system/partner.

Now I want to trigger a service which sends the PO data to the other system. In ES workplace I have found service Purchasing_Out (PurchaseOrderProcessingPurchasing_Out) with operation Request_Purchase_Order_Creation. It is an outbound service.

Is this functionality already implemented?

How can I find this implementation?

How can I attach this service to the PO document?

Regards

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we can use service for posting PO to another system.

What we can do is make use of Process Agent Framework (PAF) to do this communiaction.

On the sending side the PO triggers a process agent which corresponds to a particular service. the PAF makes use of logical port for determining which is the recieving system and on the receiving side also a service gets triggered and then a process agent takes care of this message (Payload).

These agents and service can be modelled in ESR. For this your system should have ECC 6.0 and above.

Please get back to me if you have any doubts.

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate on Process Agent Framework.

Do have some documentation on this?

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I am looking for also, can anyone point us to documentation on how to trigger outbound services instead of IDocs?