cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Createing Local DC based on Existing DC from NWDI Inactive DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

How do i create a Local Development Component from existing Development Component which is existed in NWDI Development Configuration perpective , inactive DC's?

Thanks in adnvace.

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If I understood your question correctly, you want to create a local DC and it should be using the DC that exists in the NWDI track....

DC can be created 2 ways...

log into NWDI go to Local Development -> MyComponents-> right click and select create DC

else in webdynpro perspetive select File -> New -> Development Component Project..

This is how the Local DC will be created...

Now expand the DC and DC Metadata-> DC Definition -> Used DCs -> right click select Add Used DCs..

and add the DC that exists in NWDI track

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appeciate your quick response but unfortunately i don't have the required dc's when i try to add via Used dc's from the Local Development . The DC's I am looking to add here is pcui_gpxssfpmsap.com (FPM web dynpro component), pcui_gpxssutilssap.com (FPM utilities). These DC's are not listed under the Local Development and not sure why?

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response , spoke to basis , they never added these SAPPCUI_GP some reason, so until and unless they add that SC file to local development , i am not going to use it....

Thanks

Edited by: peter Mark on Jun 10, 2009 6:04 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete the simplest solution that i follow sometimes is

- Create a local DC

- copy the _comp folder of your any other DC(NWDI / other)

- replace the _comp folder of your local DC with the copied folder.

Bingo.

You might get into issues if there are some dependencies defined. Which you might wana recheck. Other than that the copy paste works the best:-)

Cheers!!!

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

It is not necessary for those 2 DCs to be present under Local Development to be used...

If they exist in the track provided then you can add them as used DCs to your local DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

right click on the component for which you want to create project

from the list select create project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. I follow the same process to create a local project from the track, but how can i create a local development component under Local Development>>My Components which is based on the one available on NWDI?

Edited by: peter Mark on Jun 10, 2009 5:21 PM