cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: Confirming alerts doesn't refresh alert status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Have anyone dealt with refreshing problems in Solman's BPM?

If I have a red alert and process it, I proceed to confirm the alert.

In this node, status is changed to green (some cases into grey).

If I get back to the first screen in the BPM, process is still in red leading to confusion to our local monitoring team. It doesn´t matter that no other alerts are current unconfirmed.

You can refresh as many times you want, system remains in red.

I have a message in support but response process is really slow.

They just recomended to apply latest version of note 0001255970 but no effects were observed.

We are in ST 400 SP 17.

Thanks,

Renato Petrulis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I have the exactly same problem. Did you resolve it?

Thank you,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct behaviour of application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as feedback from SAP Support, it´s not an error:

(...) Let me explain the difference between Current Status and Open Alerts a

little more:

Every MTE (MTE: Monitoring Tree Element. It is the actual measurement that you are interested in. For example, BDocs con ErrorBDocs con Error defined in component BDocs con Error is an MTE) has configurable thresholds. The thresholds define the values which, when exceeded, create an alert instance. Both yellow and red thresholds can be defined. The alert instance records the time at which the threshold was exceeded,and also have a corresponding status i.e. if the red threshold is

exceeded, a red alert instance is created. When you hit the 'Confirm' button, you are actually clearing the alert instances.

Whereas, in the Current Status view, you actually see the current value of the MTE, which can be red or yellow or green irrespective of what hadhappened in the past.

Therefore, the expected behaviour is that when all the alerts are confirmed, the MTE shows green in the Open Alerts view. But the Current Status view continues to show the actual current status, which may be red or yellow or green. Therefore the DSWP transaction is actually working as expected.

Edited by: Renato Petrulis on Dec 11, 2009 3:31 PM

MaurizioAG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

where do you confirm the alert? You must confirm alert from Solution Manager and not in satellite system..

Best regards

giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maurizio,

Yes, I'm confirming the message in Solution Manager. In some particular cases I also have to confirm the message in the satelite as well. For instance, PI messages related to ALM have to be confirmed there as well, sinse Solman doesn't update it when you confirm in trx. SOLUTION_MANAGER.

Regards,

Renato