cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading list of values not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a universe based on an SAP cube. In that universe I've created a cascading list of values.

My problem is that the child data is not correctly linked to its corresponding parent but repeated all the time.

E.g. I have a LOV with two fields, Country and city with following data:

Country = USA and UK

City = New York, Los Angeles and London

When I create a prompt in a WebI-report, the LOV will repeat every city on every country.

The result is:

USA

- New York

- Los Angeles

- London ????

UK

- New York ????

- Los Angeles ????

- London

How can this be corrected that the correct city is linked to the correct country?

Lieven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the only work-around I know for this is to build your universe on a BW query and use hierarchy variables.

This is one of the drawbacks if you decide to build your universe on a cube.

I would suggest to post your question here though:

[/community [original link is broken];

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean creating a hierarchy node variable in a BEx Query and import that in the Universe as a prompt?

Because creating a WebI report with a hierarchy node variable doesn't work.

See

Lieven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the post concerning the problem you have with hierarchy nodes variables and it appears that you are not using the latest BO version and moreover nothing proves that is a BO error.

We have several customers that use hierarchy nodes varaiables with BO products without issues: this is a supported feature.

Maybe the problem is elsewhere.

The best is that you can send screenshots of your BEx query plus your universe.

Last I saw that Ingo sent you trace files. Were you able to activate these traces? Did you run the generated MDX in the MDXTEST transaction?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier,

Thanks for the tip.

The query gave an error in MDXTEST (Invalid MDX command with member).

The query itself is generated like this:

SELECT

[Measures].MEMBERS ON AXIS(0) ,

NON EMPTY [0SOLD_TO].MEMBERS ON AXIS(1)

FROM [ZASD_C03/Z_HIER_NODE_VAR_KF_LVH]

SAP VARIABLES [!V000001] INCLUDING <member>

What should be the problem in the Query Designer? The query runs smoothly in Analyzer

Lieven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

This is a known issue.

Here is an extract of the SP2 release notes that explain part of this problem:

<ul>Universe Designer cannot generate a valid universe off a BEx Query that fits one of the following two cases:

BEx Query contains:

<ul><li>1. Two variables on the same characteristic that are not linked, one hierarchy variable, and one hierarchy node

variable.

<li>2. One hierarchy node variable on a characteristic where no hierarchy is selected.

</ul></ul>The other aspect of this issue is that a Hierarchy node variables needs its Characteristic to be exposed in the Query (as free characteristic for instance).

So we recommend the following workaround:

<ul><li>You add the Characteristic used by the variable in the free characteristic.

<li>You generate the Universe

<li>You hide the class that matches the characteristic in the universe: it will never been available to end users

<li>Save your universe and start creating WebI Reports.

</ul>See the attached document that shows more details.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier,

Thank you very much for the tip.

Everything works fine now.

Lieven

Answers (0)