cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWB_2, Getting: "System XYZ is unknown in the system landscape" Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to define some test cases in Solution Manager, STWB_2, so the testers could test transactions in ECC.

I did it successfully for 1st part of testing, defining the Development System as a target "System role".

That part of testing is almost done.

Now, I have to define the other System as a "System Role" where Integration test should be conducted.

I have defined the system in SMSY, made all the connections (defined "trusted" for conn with SM, all working), I can see it in DSWP (in both System Landscape Maintenance and Solution Landscape Maintenance), also in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

I can define QAS (that very one) as a "System Role" for that specific Test plan, I can generate the plan and the package, but, when I try to execute the transaction from within the test package, I get an error:

"System TS1 is unknown in the system landscape".

Do I have to schedule some kind of a job or something, as I did it all today (I doubt it, but..?)

Thank you all in advance,

best regards,

Nenad

P.s. - we are using:

Solution Manager 7.0 SP15

ECC 6.0

Edited by: Nenad Nikolic on Jun 10, 2009 4:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, just in case someone need more feedback, the help on error message is::

System XYZ is unknown in the system landscape

Message no. AI_SOLAR11080

Procedure

Create system XYZ in the System Landscape transaction .

- the system is created in SMSY.

Generate RFC destinations from the local system into the system XYZ in the Clients tab in the transaction Setup System Landscapes.

- RFC destinations generated (and tested successfuly) but not in SMSY_SETUP. This tx is named "System Landscape Maint. Settings" in SAP Easy Access, but once entered, it has a "Setup System Landscapes - SAP Solution Manager" title. However, this tx is dedicated to define an Automatic Data Transfer type:

TMS/ RFC (this one is my case), or

SLD

So, the RFC's are generated in SMSY also, well - some of them. I used SM59 and SMT1 and SMT2 to finish it propertly.

Alternatively, you can assign an existing system to the logical components, in the System Landscape/Systems tab in the Project Administration.

+- The (existing) system is assigned to the logical components, it can be seen on "System Lanscape - System" tab in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

However, when I try the "System Lanscape Check" button in the same transaction, I get this very message as well...+

You can suppress this message by putting the system in the exception table in the Plug-In List, but you should only do so in exceptional circumstances.

I am not quite sure how this could be a solution to my problem. I suppose it would just suppress the message, and not solve the problem...

Now, what confuses me is that I have done it once with no problem with other system in this very project, and now I can't find a solution...

Any help is highly apreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

hi all wanna-be experts (like me)

just to let you know that my issue is solved.

I opened the ticket, and OSS said that the problem was in SMSY, where the system was defined, the RFCs was made, but the "software components" was not defined.

Now, I could swear that I have defined them (I defined them in SAP Support portal before the problem raised), at least the first time I created the system in SMSY (I deleted it and re-created to be sure there was no mistake in that process, or with creating RFCs...)

Anyway - the issue is solved, and the system XYZ is being tested, and I am on vacation..

Thanks to anyone who tried to help,

best regards,

Nenad