cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL FTP Transfer to non SAP system

0 Kudos

Hi all. My company is sending an eForex interface to a bank that does not use SAP but requires our message to be sent using the FTP protocol we have but with SSL protection. There was an external tool doing the SSL encryption on our side but we want to do it directly from PI though i doubt the bank has any PCK etc on their side.

I see the option use this in the message interface (FTP with SSL for data etc.) but i would like to know if theres more technical configuration to be done to do the connection with the bank.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Darren.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I see the option use this in the message interface (FTP with SSL for data etc.) but i would like to know if theres more technical configuration to be done to do the connection with the bank.

If the bank is Citigroup, then you might run into issues as the FTP/S protocol from PI request a reverse DNS lookup which Citigroup does not provide.

So if your scenario with an external SSL provider is up and running, you should not change this

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan thanks for noting that. This is not with Citi btw, a bank in SA. But let me get this correct. You're saying if we do the FTP/S in our interface and the bank does not use SAP or a PCK at least, it is possible to to do the transaction if we technically enable SSL on our PI system here and request that the bank allow for reverse DNS lookups to find us as well?

Just those steps on our side and them enabling the lookup means we dont need them to implement any PCK (but perhaps continue with their existing method of dealing with SSL on their side) and request that 1 technical change of allowing reverse lookups for us.

Thank you again for your response.

Regards,

Darren.