Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't logon to directory through sync_user, but can through Tx LDAP - Find

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to import users into SAP from MS Active Directory using RSLDAPSYNC_USER. When running it I get the error "Could not logon to directory" with the diagnosis "The combination of user name (DN) and password transferred to the directory was not accepted by the directory."

My settings in RSLDAPSYNC_USER is:

Connection: the only server and connector I have created

User: no information entered here

Both Dir and DB: Ignore

Only Dir: Create in DB

Only DB: Ignore

Time meas: no information entered here

I have not extended the schema since I don't want to change anything in AD, only copy the users from AD into SAP. I have set Import Mapping, and Import Synch on all my fields in LDAPMAP, and one field with the additional indicators Filter, Export mapping, RDN Mapping (since theses apparently are required, even if you don't want to write anything in the AD?).

I can however logon to the server using Tx LDAP, and I manage to get search results using Find in Tx LDAP. I have only created one LDAP server, one System User and one LDAP Connector in Tx LDAP.

I have tried to use both Simple Memory and Secure Storage as the Credential Storage for the System User. I have entered the password for the user in credentials. When I for testing purporses choose Simple Memeory and also remove the credentials for the System User, and try to run RSLDAPSYNC_USER again, I get the following messaged:

<green> Conenction created to server AD_X

<red> Operation Failed

<red> LDAP_SEARCH failed

<red> The system could not create the directory object ppol

<green> Connection to server AD_X terminated

Can I interpret this error message in some way? Logically I think my first try should work since I'm using the same server/user/connector when running RSLDAPSYNC_USER and it fails, as I do when I run a Find through Tx LDAP and it works.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, Oscar

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order of the DN of the user was wrong... it worked when I switched places of the DCs...