SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit using payment program fpy1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, my first post here, hoping to get some help with direct debit processing...

we wish to use one bank for both direct payments (for payroll) and direct debit processing for customer payments. (IS-U Contract Accounts Payable) The bank tells me it needs one routing number for payments (Fedwire number) and a different number for direct debits (transit number for low value payments). Does anyone know where I can designate this second transit number so it will be used for the direct payment program?? Or do I need to set up a different house bank account... When I run the payment program FPY1 it is using the routing number set up for the house bank..which has been working for us for our payroll direct payments...HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, Jeanne,

In the payment run setup, you define a payment medium, correct? This program and form(s) are likely used to build the output file for the IS-U payment run. If this is the case, you can probably manipulate the routing number used in the IS-U contract account run via the payment medium creation.

Have a look at program SAPFKPY3 and the configuration in FICA for the payment medium and you will probably see there are one or more forms used to generate your output file. If you have someone to develop this for you, I believe you can save yourself creating the second house bank.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

geoff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, Jeanne,

In the payment run setup, you define a payment medium, correct? This program and form(s) are likely used to build the output file for the IS-U payment run. If this is the case, you can probably manipulate the routing number used in the IS-U contract account run via the payment medium creation.

Have a look at program SAPFKPY3 and the configuration in FICA for the payment medium and you will probably see there are one or more forms used to generate your output file. If you have someone to develop this for you, I believe you can save yourself creating the second house bank.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

geoff

0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

It turned out to be configuration. Under contract accounts receivable/incoming/outgoing payment creation/define parameters for foreign payment transactions. You can set up parameters for DME's there and one of the parameters is called "Bank No. Data Med. Recip".

Once I used this config I got the output the bank wanted. Field is DTELZ. Had to trace it back to this

config. Thanks for your help.

Jeanne