Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renaming a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a role and generated the profile and now i want to remane that role.How can i rename the role?

Regards,

Ratan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have created a role and generated the profile and now i want to remane that role.How can i rename the role?

Basically you can not, at least not with SAP standard functionality. Copying the role and deleting the original afterwards will be your best option.

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have created a role and generated the profile and now i want to remane that role.How can i rename the role?

Basically you can not, at least not with SAP standard functionality. Copying the role and deleting the original afterwards will be your best option.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ratan

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can rename the role description but not the role name. Hence its best way to copy into a new role and name it the way you require and deleting the earlier role.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII,

As per questions u cannot rename the role directly if u want to rename the role u need to copy the

old role with new name and later on u can delete the old role this is the only way sap recommends

to rename a role..........

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos

Security is not a democracy, and the vote for copying the role has already been caste...

No need to add your "vote" until the person who asked the question responds.

Cheers.

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Sir - good morning! I am curious to know why can't we rename a role (technically). One of my clients is hell bent on doing so; this Monday I need to give him a reason why we can't. I already told him that SAP doesn't allow renaming.

May be too many updates are needed if we modify a Role? My thoughts:

1. AGR_PROF table needs to be updated.

2. User accounts need to be updated. (AGR_USERS)

Any info on it would be really helpful. Thank you!

Regards,

Uday

0 Kudos

The main reason is because there is no function for you to do that.

The reasaon for that is too many foreign keys to the role name in too many application tables, transport logs, change docs, etc.

So it is not that SAP does not allow it, there is no function to do it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Sir! That helped. Have a great day!

krzysztof_murkowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

and how to copy a role in hana?