cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM transaction type without maintenance cycle link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently I have a customized version of an Admin. Message (SDAD) that I need to change so that it never prompts for or requires a link to a maintenance cycle. This is because it is a workflow for changes directly in the production system - there are no transports. Recently our old maintenance cycle was closed and all of the open documents for my admin message became uneditable with the message "The transaction has been removed from its cycle, so it is locked." In order to prevent this in the future, I'd like to remove the maintenance cycle linking altogether.

Anyone do this before?

Thanks,

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem of locked change documents when the maintenance cycle is closed. In order to get them editable again, you must create a new maintenance cycle IN THE SAME MAINTENANCE PROJECT as the change document. Upon creation of the new maintenance cycle, the existing change documents will be automatically assigned to the new cycle.

I still have not found a workable solution to removing the need for a maintenance cycle link altogether, but I will continue searching.

Michele

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

for me does not make sense decoupling ZDAD form the current MC? This is the right procedure, and SAP always suggest to go with it.

However if you still insist on the decoupling ZDAD from the current MC then you can do it via IMG customizing step SOCM_MAIN_001. In this customizing step you can omit assignment of actions CREATE_HF to the initial user status of your custom transaction type ZDAD.

rgds

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

We have already removed CREATE_HF and there is still a prompt for a Maintenance Cycle. I don't think it's something configurable.

I believe SolMan 7.1 has a new record type with this functionality, so we will wait for that. Thanks for looking!

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

just to complete this:

Got to the following SPRO path:

scenario specific setting

change request management

extended configuration

change transaction

change transaction types

->Assign Implementation to Change Transaction Types

There you can assign a class for your transaction type. Standard for SDAD is "CL_SOCM_REG_CORR_INSTANCE". The popup for maintenance cycle is hard coded in there, you can not customize this. The only choice is to change the class.

If you replace this with "CL_SOCM_CHANGE_REQU_INSTANCE", you will not get the popup for maintenance cycle again. This is the class of SDCR.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because you are fundamentally changing the document behavior I rather suggest copy your SDAD into a new one ZDAD (don't forget to add the copy rule accordingly)

Then restore the SDAD customizing with the link to the cycle and to reopen the closed cycle (this is theoretically not possible but you can force this in debugging mode).

I had the case in the beginning when a cycle was closed by accident and the reopening in debug:replace mode worked.

Looks like the easiest to me

br Xavier

I hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

My transaction type is already ZDAD (customized copy of SDAD). But it still requires a link to a maintenance cycle. I want to remove that link, so that when someone starts working on the ticket they don't have to choose a maintenance cycle, there is no task list, and if all maintenance cycles are closed, they can still work on the ticket.

Thanks,

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ok I now understand that you don't know yet how to do it. I tought the problem was with your old document.

You are right this is a dummy link, even if it make sense to keep the link for specific changes it might be a not mandatory link.

In spro you follow the following path in the menu

scenario specific setting

change management

change request management

extended configuration

change transaction

change transaction type

consistency check

assign condition to satus value

there you change the error into warning or remove the following entry

ZDAD SDADHEAD E0002 20 TASKLIST_ACTIVE

of course if you have define your own status profile replace SDADHEAD with your own

it will not stop the pop-up to raise but you can chosse to link or to cancel and it won't raise an error anymore

I hope it helps

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried removing the configuration as suggested, but it has not changed my situation. When the maintenance cycle is closed, the existing open tickets cannot be edited. I get this error in the audit log:

The transaction has been removed from its cycle, so it is locked.

Thanks,

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an action called MAINT_INST or something like that.

I got no access to a SAP system right now but you may just have a look for it.

You should find it in the same tree as mentioned above. Just navigate to "actions" instead of "conditions to status values".

Use the F4 help to identify the right one (by description).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

this is difficult to remotely assess your situation but we will try together.

If you know how to do it you need to navigate in the error message and check the piece of code it is generating it. Then you know if SAP has hardcoded this warning or if it comes from a customizing table

(if the index of the linked document has been purged...the situation will be difficult to solve, you can still force the closing by the report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT

if you have more detail info (message number + application are (should be CRM_ORGMAN) we can go further.

br

Xavier