cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM-PS Integration - period end closing of the investment programme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i am doing a budgeting (Without cost planning) of the programme both on overall and annual basis. My programme is for 5 years. Now i am distributing the budget from the programme position to the appropriation request /Project for current year 2009, remaining 4 years and the overall budget

My Project budget distribution is on overall basis. Now i have only spent partial budget than assigned (500 out of 1000 USD assigned) on the project at the year end 2009 and the project is running for 3 years.

In the above case how do i need to proceed with the period end activity of the investment programme?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the period end, you have to follow the below procedure: -

Case-1: - If you are using Overall Budget only at project level.

1. Carryforward the remaining Budget in 2009 to 2010 at IM Position ID Level. you can do directly in IM32.

2. Allocate required Budget to project from IM position ID in 2010.you can use IM52.

Case-2: - If you are using Annual Budget at project Level.

1.First you have to carryforward the assigned value (Commitment) to next year, i.e 2010return Available Budget for Fiscal Year-2009.

2. Return Available Budget at Overall level in Project to IM Position ID.

3. Carryforward the available Budget in IM Position ID from 2009 to 2010.

4. Distribute the required Budget from IM Position ID to Top Level WBSE.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari,

Case 1

1. In situation 1 mentioned is there any way to carryforward the remaining budget from 2009 to 2010 on programme except IM32. The reason for this is that my programme structure is very complex and it is very difficult to execute this step manually in IM32.

2. If i am unable to consume the budget against the project in 2009 and this situation i have realised in 2010, then i will be transferring the excess budget from project to the relevant position in 2010... which will be a reporting issue........ what is your say on this?

Case 2

Point 3 - Carryforward the available Budget in IM Position ID from 2009 to 2010. I tried to do that by using the T code IMCAOV but the system is only transerring the budget allocated to the project to the new year and it is not taking the balabce budget at that level to the new year......

Request you to give me your thoughts.

Thanks