cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to MDM server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i try to connect to the loaded repository through data manager and while selecting the MDM server before selecting the repository im getting the error message as "Th enetwork is disconnected or the host machine is not running". But im sure that the network is fine and the host machine runs the MDM server.Im using MDM 7.1.01.46.

please help me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Nimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NImal,

You get this error only in two cases:

1. If the ports like 20001, 200003 & 20005 are not opened.

2. If the ip address is not entered in your host file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a good chance that you have some sort of networking issue. Are you attempting to connect to the MDM server using the hostname or the IP address? You should check the DNS configuration by doing a DNS lookup on that hostname to make sure there is only one instance of that IP address in the DNS server. I've seen silly networking errors such as that cause problems like this before.

Also, try using the IP address to connect with the data manager.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you quickly check your Data manager version. it should be same as of MDM server.

Also please try to reinstall data manager.

I faced same problem and reinstalled data manager of version same as that of MDM server and it solved problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimal,

Please restart your DBMS and MDM server. It should solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the status of MDM Server. Refresh the console once. This error is thrown when MDM server is stopped.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I refreshed and found that the server is running....but still unable to connect...

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the option suggested by Dilmit. Also try with other GUI clients

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja