Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a function group completely including all includes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to copy a standard function group completely to $TMP to create a prototype with some modifications to this group. Do perform the copy I know that I copy the goup and the function modules therein.

In the end what is left over is to copy all the includes (hosting form routines, modules, etc.) to the Z* name space and after that I'll change the include statements in the code step by step as well to include Z*.

Now the question: Is there any way to do a mass copy of the includes, copying all the individual includes in one step? So far I use SE80 and right click on each and every include, choose copy... and change the name of the copied include. VERY effective...

Best regards and thanks for any help

Wolfgang Geithner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

Go to SE80. Select function group which u want to copy. Right click on the fucntion group and say copy. It will ask for the new function group. Copy all the includes and show you in popup. In this popup u will c 6 buttons, out of which the 4 th is replace. Press REPLACE button. It will throw a popup. Select Prefix radio button and enter Z in here and press enter. This will add Z before all the includes.

Hope this helps.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

se80 is the best option ...just right click on the function group and say copy it will keep promting u for all the object to be copied into z ones (left ones to be copied to z****)..

reward points if it helps!!

gunjan

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Find the main program attached to the function group.

Go to se38 and press copy icon on the application toolbar.

(ctrl+f5.)

It will popup a screen to copy what all you want.

In that it will give you a checkbox to copy includes also.

Regards,

Ravi

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that this is the only way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for answering my question so fast. However, I'm sorry to say that none of your approaches solves my issue.

The copying from SE80 I tried myself, still I have to copy the includes individually and manually one by one to the Z* namespace.

Copying the function group by using SE38 has the same result as right clicking on the group in SE80. The includes are not copied...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

Go to SE80. Select function group which u want to copy. Right click on the fucntion group and say copy. It will ask for the new function group. Copy all the includes and show you in popup. In this popup u will c 6 buttons, out of which the 4 th is replace. Press REPLACE button. It will throw a popup. Select Prefix radio button and enter Z in here and press enter. This will add Z before all the includes.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dani,

thanks for this hint, I didn't know about this button. However, this is not what I mean. If I use the copy... dialog in SE80 the very first thing the system does is copying the includes which are called in the main program (e.g. include *TOP). By doing so I get all the relations to the includes in the source program into my copy. The system does not copy the includes linked within the function group.

The button you are talking of is a button in the dialog for copying the FUNCTION MODULES, not the includes...

Best regards

Wolfgang

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Check FM RS_FUNCTION_POOL_COPY.

Thanks

Lakshman