cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Universe in Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if this belongs under this heading, but I have created several data universes that all point to the same datasources. Each one is a different subset of tables based on the content. For example, I have an Airport universe that contains several classes and objects related to airport information...and a Vendor universe that contains several classes and objects related to vendor information, etc.

When creating a query in Crystal, each universe gets a separate query, and the end user had to know how to link those queries. In order to make this a more intuitive process, I have combined all the data universes into one. There are different contexts and alias to eliminate all loops. However, when you include objects from multiple classes in your Crystal query, you get the following error:

Query generated multiple SQL statements, however multiple SQL is not supported in Crystal Reports Query Panel

I understand that data universes are primarily for use with Webi. But we do not have Webi. So my question is, is the problem I am having in the design of my data universe, or in trying to use Crystal to create the queries?

I would appreciate any input from anyone.

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

This is not something you are doing wrong, but a limitation of using universes in Crystal Reports.

What you can try to do is to create a Crystal Report with multiple queries and then try to link them in the CR Database wizard.

To do this you create a query from your Airport universe and then another from your Vendor universe. Then you open the Database Expert, and there should be a link options. You can then provide a join between the 2 queries.

The problem with this approach is that all the processing is in the report rather than at the back end.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid of. But if we were to use these same universes in Edge or Webi it would be able to handle the multiple statements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Yes WebI and DeskI can synchronise statements. Edge is a low cost version of the infoview platform.

Regards

Alan

Answers (0)