cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDS connectivity to Remote RSlinx hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a UDS instances running, ... with everything set, it reads/writes to PLCs as expected.

As per our current setup UDS and RSlinx are one the same server/host. Hence, when I configure an instance, I obviously select a server with "localhost" followed by RSlinx OPC server. I save and start the service, and it works good.

However, when I try to set the server to point to an RSlinx instance on another machine (not localhost), it lets me save the UDS instance without any errors, but doesn't start the service. It simply seems to try to connect and then giveup in a few seconds. No error.

Am I missing anything here ?

Is UDS meant to connect to localhosts only ?

Does that mean that UDS has to be installed on every RSlinx server ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you are using the latest update for the OPC-DA 4.0 UDS version, you might be running into DCOM issues, which can be a bit messy.

If the OPC configuration supports remote capability then the UDS should work from one install, but security, permissioning, and performance may come into play.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a reference oor document that explains the DCOM config or other settings that maybe required to make this happen ?

Former Member