Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to PPM

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Since PPM is not planning version specific, we have created a new model/version by copying data from Active model.

Now I want to make changes to PPM in this copied model.

Can anyone tell how to do this?

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I hope you have created a this new PPM under the new version in active model. In general, all versions under an active model, the data will be associated. ie If you are making some changes in active model, that gets reflected to the versions but whereas if you are making some version specific changes, that will not reflect to the active model and hence one needs to assign that new change to active model and then it will reflect.

Moreover, if PPM data comes from ECC Bom & Routing, I would advise, you can make changes in ECC side and run integration model so that it will get reflected in APO active model. If you had created your PPM directly into APO, then you can make changes directly there in APO after assigning into active model.

Please confirm

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually some PPM specific fields are plannign version specific.

So you don't necessarily need a new PPM.

If you want to,you would need to create a new PPM modify it and then assign it to the new model but not model 000.

Ken Snyder

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kenneth,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Do you mean I should copy the PPM under different name and unassign it from model 000. and assign it to new model?

That may be useful. I will try out.

Meanwhile if you have any more suggestions please let me know.

Nitin