Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FTP server

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a problem with FTP server. Even though i mentoined FTP perameters(some times Anonymous login),IP address ,Log on credentials correctly.File is not getting picked .Please guide me in resovling this issue.

Thanks,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried loging in FTP server manually with credentials? does that work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Check the authorization to the user trying to pick the file from FTP site, (Create,Change,Delete).

In the CC check for the type of option used to pick the file is it (test, archive, delete).

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rama,

Go to RWB->Message Monitoring->Chose message from Adapter Engine

and filter the date range.

You can see the error messages, Click one of them and click on the details to find the exact reason for failure.

The reason might be anything ranging from incorrect directory name to folder access permissions

for the user that you have used.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

in communication channel monitoring its gving connection refused error ..but i gave correct IP address .yet the same problem .If not ravi anybody please give your suggestions.

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the following.

1) Check if the FTP server is up and runnning by loggin in manually.

(Open a new browser and type the ftp://<IP>:port)

2) Check if the user you are using has the permissions. Your ftp admin will help you.

If you do not have permissions, then you would not be able to move/edit/delete the files .

3) Check if there is any firewall in between your XI system and the ftp. Contact your net work admin to get around this issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Try to login to FTP server manually using the credentials you defined in channel.

Try a tracert or telnet from your PI server to the FTP server.

Everything okay?

If not there is a network/firewall problem ...

Regards,

Volker