cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to block a material from creating Sales Order.I have blocked the material in MM02 in Sales Org 1 view evn then system throws warning message and sales order get saved.

Kindly suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OVSU select "01" and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain "B" against "Block for order" field and assign this 01 in material master for the field "X-distr.chain status" under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab.

Now for that particular material, sale order cannot be created.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have blocked the material by creating new reason in OVSU giving error message when sales order been created using particular material.But now my issue is if i block a material for particular plant (Let say 1001) the same material is getting blocked in other plants also(Let say 1002,1003 etc..,)

I have used Sales Org 1 tab X-Distribution Chain status field for blocking the material

My requirement is same material should be blocked plantwise

Thanx In advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As said the deletion indicatot in MM06

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can mark material for deletion in MM06...... Later on remove the deletion flag.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even then system throws warning message and allows to save the Sales Order.I need system to throw Error message and should not allow to proceed further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthikeyan ,

Put that material in Exclusion (listing / exclusion). I mean create condition record for that material in VB01. Enter the required details.

In VA01 if you try to enter this material for particular customer, system will throw an error saying this material is excluded.

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

but that will be for a customer.But my client requirement is immaterial of customer when person try to create Sales order for that material system should throw error message

Can you help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customization make a copy of existing access sequence rename it and in access sequence just remove the field Customer and keep the single field i.e. material, assign it to condition type and finally that condition type to procedure.

This will solve you problem

Sagar