Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Population of Customer Exit Variables in Web Template Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Desired Scenario:

I have three Queries: Q1, Q2, Q3, attached to one Web Template in the same order. Queries Q2 and Q3 have exit variables which are populated from the Input Variable of Query Q1 (these customer Exit variables are mandatory, not available for user input and are populated in STEP=2).

Problem:

Sometimes on execution of the template, Q1 is executed first and then the exit variables are populted (which is OK) BUT sometimes Query Q2 or Q3 is executed first and exit variables don't get populated.

As such, I am not sure of the order these three queries are executed. Please suggest how do I ensure that Q1 is always executed first, followed by Q2 or Q3.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sumita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumita,

Its not clear from your post whether you are doing any processing on the input variable for Q1 to derive the variable for Q2 & Q3.

If you are not doign any processing and you want the same values to be populated in all three variables then as suggested, its better to use only one variable with user input in all the three queries. Then you can set the "Melt Variables" property on the template so that the user is prompted only once for the entry.

I am not sure of what can be done to ensure that the queries get executed in a predefined order. So in case you want processign to be done then this would still remain an issue.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Infoobjects are different in all the three queries. In Q1, the variable is on 0CALWEEK. In Q2, the variable is on XWEEKD (which is reference to 0CALWEEK). IN Q3, it is on XFORWEEK (which is again reference to 0CALWEEK). So, I can't use the same variable in all three queries. But all these variables have to have the Week from to Week To as the input and that input remains same for all three variables.

To prevent the user from entering this week from & to thrice, we populate the other two in customer exit depending on the value input by the user.

So, now I want to know the order in which the queries attached to a Web Template are executed.

Best Regards,

Sumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumita,

I think the solution is to execute all the variables of the 3 queries together. i.e, in the variable selection screen provide the input to the 3 queries together, so that the customer exit variables are populated at a time.

This way you need not mention the sequence of the queries.

Let me know if this works.

Regads,

Hash

Message was edited by: Thathi Reddy

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easier solution would be to add the variable on Q1 to Q2 and Q3 so the order will not make any difference. You can just have a resticyted KF that is hidden in these queries.