cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi as per the configuration guide steps after adding up the parameter

-Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer

in the cluster data >instance> server from configtool the j2ee engine is not getting restarted and giving this error while starting.

Unrecognized option: services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer

[Thr 3744] *** ERROR => JHVM_LoadJavaVM: Cannot create Java VM (rc=-1) [jhvmxx.c 542]

[Thr 3744] *** ERROR => Cannot load Java VM (server) (rc=-1) [jlnchxxi.c 752]

Should i remove the above parameter from the server parameters

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Initial error was solved but still the Full steps are not performed for the configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi ,

I have followed exactly the same steps you mentioned , what should i do next.I have changed the UME destination , what should i do next once the test reports are successful for basic authentication ?

1.What are the software which should be installed at SAP GUI side for smart forms and also for interactive forms pdf output?

2. As in the Configuration Guide After the 5. 0 Configuration of the web services has been done , should i follow the 7.0 Installing and configuring Credentials for basic authentication model also.

How can i generate PDF reports from the forms?.

Edited by: karan321 on Jun 12, 2009 6:05 PM

Edited by: karan321 on Jun 12, 2009 6:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karan,

Apart from what rishi has mentioned if the ABAP and JAVA instances are on different systems then you need to activate the FPADS service in SICF also and also add the SAP standard role which includes the name FPADS to the user ADS_AGENT.

coming to you questions:

1. You would require a SAP GUI for you to logon to the system and also adobe PDF reader to be installed on the frontend system.

2. Yes you need to perform this step.

Regards.

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you look at this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/18a067d26321a1e10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

[http://www.scribd.com/doc/14246206/ADS-Configuration-Guide]

Sap Note:894009 ADS: Configuration Guide (SAP NetWeaver 2004s)

Sap Note:682619 ADS: Configuration Guide (SAP NetWeaver '04)

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few doubts over ADS here -

1. As per the guide it says to customize the the ABAP system which is 001 at my system.

2. The client 001is also used for UME authentication. Should the data source for ABAP should be changed or what ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know which link you are reffering and which all changes you made.

For which system you are configurating the ADS.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi ,

Right now i am not facing the issue as the parameter was having space in between . After removing that the engine is working fine now .

I am following the guide available at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ff....

and my system is SAP CRM 6.0

Edited by: karan321 on Jun 10, 2009 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

While following the guide which seems to be pretty interlinked, The report FP-TEST-00 throws error , does this have to do anything with prerequisite on page 12 of the configuration guide "A device type for printing PDF-based forms is configured "

An exception occurred which is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_FP_API_INTERNAL', was not caught

and

therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:

Error in include information for function module /1BCDWB/SM00000002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the step that you need to configure for Local ADS.

1 Testing the Adobe Document Service

Check the adobe services on JAVA System by using the

URL: http://hostname.domain:5xx00/wsnavigator

Click AdobeDocumentService->Click on Test ->rpData->then Send ->then enter ADSUSER and password.

2 Test the RFC Connection in ABAP Side

Goto SM59 and then check the RFC connection under the HTTP connection to external server.

this Rfc should point to its own .

3 Activate the ICF service in ABAP Side

Log on to your SAP Web AS ABAP system

Choose transaction SICF.

Choose default host u2192 sap u2192 bc u2192 fp in the tree.

Choose Service/Virt.Host u2192 Activate

4 Configuration in Destination Visual Admin

Create the destination FP_ICF_DATA_SID under HTTP

Under the Url give http://hostname.domain:80xx

User ADS_agent and password here.

5 Execute Following reports in ABAP Side

Goto se38 : Program name, Now Execute report FP_PDF_TEST_00

Now run the report FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE

once run this report without checking the destimation and after thet run with checking the destination box.both should return the same number of bytes as per note 944221

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass=com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer

Please check your parameter and correct it as mentioned above. There is "=" befor com.sap.engine .... and not "." that you have given. Hence the Instance is not starting.