cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer creating high production plan in few buckets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Optimizer is creating high production plan in few buckets though there is less demand.

Findings

1. system in not preplanning to cover future demand.

2. there is one resource used by three different products for one product optimizer is doing excess planning while it is showing supply shortage for other products.

3.If I again take optimizer run for all the three products at all the location system is giving correct results (all receipt elements in line with the demand.

Now i need to understand the reasons why optimizer gave high production plan in last run ?

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. system in not preplanning to cover future demand.

check storage cost and penalty cost , i think storage cost is more then penalty cost.

2. there is one resource used by three different products for one product optimizer is doing excess planning while it is showing supply shortage for other products.

if you run all three one by one it plan only first product on that particular resource, if you run all three same time system will plan according to the cost optimisation logic, that means it checks all cost and calculate which product needs to be manufacture on that resource and how much.

you can check the log of snp optimisation run in

/SAPAPO/SNPOPLOG - SNP Optimizer Log Data

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abheejeet

Few probable reasons.

1. the penalty costs maintained are inconsistent.

2. If you take planning run with other products (apart from these three), the cost/penalty structure of other products may be such that only one product is planned.

You can go to SNP-- Reporting-- Optimizer log data to gain some insight of why optimizer behaves in such a way.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please look at his 3rd point:

3.If I again take optimizer run for all the three products at all the location system is giving correct results (all receipt elements in line with the demand

That means it is not at all a penalty cost maintainance issue.

Thanks,

Off Topic: where are you nowadays...still in tht project?... M back to cad****y again

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

The inter-relationship of costs within three products may be OK but the same with remaining products may not be so.

I am assuming that if Run is taken with all products (which means more than 3 products) the results are not OK but if it is taken with only 3 products, results are OK.

Regards,

Nitin

I am still on same project which has gone live and I am likely to exit from the project now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, if run is taken with all products (more than 3 products) the results are not may not be OK.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All of you for the replies

It is not that if I run the optimizer considering all the products will give wrong results.

We will wait for this weeks results and see if the system gives correct results this time.

And if it give correct result this time considering all the products then there is some other reason

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Are you using discrete optimizer?...and you have maintained minimum lot size for that particular material?

But you said that after the 1st run, it is giving correct result.so its may not be the reason.

Are you sure that you are using the same optimizer profile at the time of 2nd run? And system is not preplanning for incomming future demand?

Thanks,

Satyajit