cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a STO scenario where there is problem with billing and in billing VPRS is missing for one line item. I wanted to know if the price flows from PO to billing in a STO process. Aslo when i check the details of VPRS for problematic line item, there is this extra field in control data.

Inactive X Inactive via formulae of incorrect.

I have got the costing of the material done but still the problem persits.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Inactive X Inactive via formulae of incorrect

The most probable causes for the above error are as follows:-

1) If condition record was wrongly maintained

2) Normally for STO scenarios, we create the plant as a customer. So check whether you have maintained the currency for the receiving plant in that customer master (plant)

3) Please note that If both the condition types has a Condition Class as B (Prices) only one pricing condition in the lowest level ( step number ) will be active and rest are made inactive by the system. This is a standard behavior.

So If you have two condition types with condition class as B, you may need to change the first one to be a discount or surcharge in V/06. Then only, your issue will get solved.

Check at your end and update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

Please let me know in which scenario we maintain condition record for VPRS?Do we create?

Regards,

Satheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As far as I know, we do not create condition record for VPRS condition type.

VPRS condition type references Accouting tab of the material master for Moving average price.

Thanks

Prashant Ranalkar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved....the system was picking the VPRS value from moving price and the moving price was zero as this was the first document created for this material. We had to update moving price using MR21 and cancel teh existing document and create a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swetha

The VPRS in billing document always flows from the goods issue document of the underlying delivery.

1) Check the account document for the material document and check if the the valuation was carried out.

2) Check also if you are using batch and batch split.We had a case where the cost was not flowing to the billing document as item in delivery was having batches which were split.However in the billing document we only copied main item in the delivery.But in copy control there was a switch "Cumulate Cost" this was not checked.We checked the switch and cost started flowing to the billing document as the goods issue was for batch split not for main item so you have to tell the system to cumulate cost.

3) Also make sure you do not use any other condition except VPRS in the billing document which is also defined with condition category G.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, i am yet to try and soon as it is done i will update the thread.

I would like to know if the price flows from a PO to billing in a STO process.

If the PO was craeted with incomplete pricing information does it cause problem in the billing document.