Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page not found/DNS Error on launching XMAM30 application

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have encountered a page not found/DNS error on launching the XMAM30 application. I could install DB2E and application also. But after XMAM30 war file downloaded to the client I have restarted it, but as the war file couldn't successfully extracted, I have extracted the war file in my desktop and copied the files manaully.

Note: After each patch (db2e or any other patch) installation, and reboot of the device I could see the message "Component already installed....Installation aborted."

here is the configutation of my device.

OS - Windows Mobile 5.0

OS Version - 5.1

Processor - ARMxxxxx.

Creme - CrEme327c_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab

MI Client - MISP 21

DB2E - 9.1.2

Application - XMAM30

I have another device, which has the same creme, MI client, DB2E and application. But its OS version is WIN CE 5.0. Every thing is workig ok in this device.

I have the problem in 5.1 OS Version. Is there any settings to be made in Network or any where.

Please suggest how to make it work..

Thanks in Advance,

Chinna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Posted the issue in market place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to SAP Note 1051370.

For applications like MAM when DNS error is encountered we need to use Creme 3.27b.

Try the same.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Akhil

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

I have tried with Creme 3.27b version also. It didn't resolve the issue.

I tried with all three versions Creme 3.27a, 3.27b and 3.27c. But I don't see any difference in them.

With all three versions I could install and run MI Client and DB2E, but on re-boot I could see a message Programs are already installed update aborted.

And when I instll XMAM application (war), after re-boot war file is not being extracted properly in MI-HOME/webapps folder I can see XMAM.war file and XMAM folder (with all the contents required) in it.

It seems, device could not extract the war file properly..

When I try to login to client, I am getting DNS error.

Any one has hte idea whether is this a probelm with Creme or MI Client.

Thanks

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Can u try once again with 3.27b .

before that please hard Reset ur device.

Remove creme...map70..tomcat_tomcat.cab all MI related files and do hard reset.

Again install the creme and MI cab files.

and assign ur application.

If it do not works i think u need to update SAP through oss message.

Regards,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chinna,

In some devices when the MAM app is installed, the tomcat takes longer to load (depending on RAM and processor speed). If you get a DNS error, it can mean many things like:

1. Tomcat is not fully loaded.

2. Necessary dll (like db2e dll files) files initialization has failed.

3. Some resource is having status as loaded but, there is no actual resource.

Assuming, that you are gonna go through the full installation again with me, I advice thus:

Remove all MI related stuff - Creme, MI, MI folder - manually, db2e files - 3 in number - in windows directory/MI home directory - explore the db2e addon zip to know the exact files which get installed with your version under PPC.

Reboot.

Install CrEme 3.27a.

Install MI Cab file got from NWMClient.sca

Disconnect from PC (since loading takes a long time if you connected through activesync)

Reboot or go into Device\Windows\Startup\ and click on MobileEngine or MI Server

Create new user, login - then connect to pc - remember to not connect to pc everytime you reboot or restart tom using my below linked blog tricks.

Install db2e

Reboot or do the trick I gave in my blog - <a href="/people/veeraraagavan.rajachandrasekhar/blog/2009/03/31/creme-secrets">CrEme secrets!</a>

Install MAM - Restart device or CrEme/ MI Tomcat alone using my blog method.

Wait for some time. I think in SP21, the PIE automatically starts with the MI home page. Even after it starts, wait for say a minute, then login.

Dont extract and copy contents from the desktop. Even if the war file remains, it will be automatically deleted

Check now. If you continue to get errors, check the jscpout.txt and mi trace file and post the contents here.

Please mark this question as answered and this post as solved if my post solves your question.

Regards,

Veera

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

I have done as you said, number of times. But it didn't work.

Thanks,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chinna,

just a question:

it is MI70SP21?

And:

have you done any chnages in MAM or is it the original SDA file from sap you have installed?

If it is not original - have you comoiled it with the "PreCompile JSP" flag set in MDK?

Manual copy of files does never work. In that case the files are not registered by MI - they are just sitting there.

Can you open the http......../XMAM/start.jsp file? That you can open always if the MAM verison is correctly installed. If that is the case, you have an isue in your enhancements - expect oyu have done some.

If you download MAM to the device (the WAR file) what is the size of it? It can be 0KB, then it would explain all issues as well - and you have to check if the device can access this file.

Are you using 5.1 or 6.1 of Windows Mobile?

You have issues with 6.1 - that is normal - but 5.1 and even 6.0 do noth ave issues in latest release.

Well, many questions - but it is a problem that can be pretty much due to anything.....

Regards,

Oliver