Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy, Help needed regarding Naming Conventions

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a ABAP Proxy Scenario to a File Service. The Objects have been created in the INTEGRATION REPOSITORY and the Configurations are made in INTEGRATION DIRECTORY. While Creating the PROXIES executing the TCode "SPROXY", the Proxies for the DATA TYPE and the MESSAGE TYPE are being created successfully but the Proxy for the Outbound MESSAGE INTERFACE is not getting created.

The Error says the Name must begin with 'CO_'. All the Objects that have been created by me begin with "Z_", and I have also made a Custom Package called "ZPROXY" and assigned this package . The error says Naming Errors.

Can anyone please help me out on this.

<b> The Proxy Class that is being generated starts with "CO_" and so checking out in SE24, it says Object does not exist.</b>

So please tell me how I can go about Correcting this.

Thanks and Regards

Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

the outbound proxies are build like

<prefix>CO_<interface-name>

Delete your proxy and regenerate it. Give the prefix "Z_". You dont need to build datatype and message type seperately. Just build the interface, the other types will be generated as well.

Regards,

Udo

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx a lot for ur reply UDO...but this is not solving my Problem, actually when I am trying to Create the Proxy for the Outbound Message Interface, it is automatically Prefixing the "CO_". Thus I cannot Save it after this and also not see it in SE24.

A few more details:

<b>

The Outbound Message Interface name that I have used is "Z_ABAP_PROXY_MSG_INTERFACE"</b>

We i Create it Prefixes a "CO_" before the Interface name and it cannot be saved or seen in SE24.

Do provide me with some Help.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Warm Regards

Chakra

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra (or Somnath?),

go to sproxy. Delete <b>ALL</b>your critical stuff. Open your software component, open your namespace, open your outbound interface folder. Mark your outbound interface. Use context "create". There should be a popup for package and prefix. Put a package by F4 and put the prefix 'Z'. Ok. Class ZCO_<outboundInterface> will be created. Activate (Ctrl F3). Doubleclick on the proxy class to come to transaction SE24.

Regards,

Udo

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot UDO...

Regards

Somnath