Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - No control of existing user for a new account request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have an issue with CUP tool.

When you want to create a new user with a new account request and the user ID that you specified is already used in the backend system (user already exists), there is no control in CUP and the provisioning is done. Only a short and wrong error message appears after provisioning in Audit information part of the global review screen. This message is: Provisioning failed, user already exists, but, however, CUP assign the new roles to the user.

Do you know a way to solve this problem?

For information, only the reciprocal issue is managed by CUP: if you try to change a user that doesn't exist in the backend system, CUP propose you the parameter Create user if it doesn't exist in the auto-provisioning section of configuration tab.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Wassim BEN MANSOUR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

This is one of the requests which should and i guess would definately be taken up by SAP for it's next versions as an enhancements. Since the tool does not have the correct procedure, as it should be, in place; what I can suggest you as a workaround is to have a manual step in between, when the request for a user creation comes.

This step would involve the task which is to be carried out by the Security guy to manually look if the user ID requested already exists, for every request for User ID creation. This looks a tedious task but considering this can lead to more trouble than actually performing it, untill it is rectified; we need to be careful with this.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

If the user id already exists in backend then the current way CUP works is to create a change account request for that user to assign any new roles to that id.

There is no other way to solve this problem.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG