Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In portal EP6.0

In System Administrator->System Configuration->UM Configuration here in Data Source Tab already data source is assigned to "Read-only microsoft ADS ( Deep Hierarchy ) + Data base". I changed this data source to "Read-only SAP System + Data base" and saved.

But it is giving warninig message saying 'you are not allowed to select dataSourceConfiguration_R/3.xml as Active configuration file. This will lead to inconsistancy'.

How can we change data source?

Thanks in Adv.

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

You want to change the configuration to this "Read-only SAP System + Data base" rite ?

Dont change from here -System Administrator->System Configuration->UM Configuration in Data Source Tab

Start the Config Tool by executing j2eeconfigtoolconfigtool.bat.

Switch to Edit mode.

In the tree, navigate to Global server configuration ® services ® com.sap.security.core.ume.service

Here change the value of the property ume.persistence.data_source_configuration to the one you want to apply(for example dataSourceConfiguration_R/3.xml)

Click on "Apply Custom" Save the changes.

Restart the cluster.

This should work.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

Thanks for reply,

Where can i locate Config Tool in EP6.0 and to execute <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yo have to log on the portal server and browse for the files in the directory that the portal has been installed.

Start Remote Desktop from your computer and type in the servername for your portal and connect. Open My Computer and search for the file configtool.bat

Hope this helps you out

Best Regards

Kristoffer Engh