Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In portal EP6.0

In System Administrator->System Configuration->UM Configuration here in Data Source Tab already data source is assigned to "Read-only microsoft ADS ( Deep Hierarchy ) + Data base". I changed this data source to "Read-only SAP System + Data base" and saved.

But it is giving warninig message saying 'you are not allowed to select dataSourceConfiguration_R/3.xml as Active configuration file. This will lead to inconsistancy'.

How can we change data source?

Thanks in Adv.

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

You want to change the configuration to this "Read-only SAP System + Data base" rite ?

Dont change from here -System Administrator->System Configuration->UM Configuration in Data Source Tab

Start the Config Tool by executing j2eeconfigtoolconfigtool.bat.

Switch to Edit mode.

In the tree, navigate to Global server configuration ® services ® com.sap.security.core.ume.service

Here change the value of the property ume.persistence.data_source_configuration to the one you want to apply(for example dataSourceConfiguration_R/3.xml)

Click on "Apply Custom" Save the changes.

Restart the cluster.

This should work.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

Thanks for reply,

Where can i locate Config Tool in EP6.0 and to execute <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have selected correct file.. go ahead and apply changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Navigate to C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\configtool

Execute the configtool.bat file from here

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

Thanks for replay,

Actually I need to create users in both CRM and EP6.0 for this i have a BSP Application. In this BSP Application i am creating users by using BAPI which will create user in CRM (i.e, SU01).

Right now we are using EP5.0 in this we use to create user through LDAP System. Now we shifted to EP6.0 in this client requirement is not to use LDAP System.

So what configuration is needed to create users in EP6.0 with out LDAP.

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

To create users in portal -

1) Login to portal with administrator id

2) Navigate to User Admin - > Users - > Create User

3) Enter all the mandatory fields and Click on "Create"

Hope this help,

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samta,

Actually we are having BSP Application 'USER Management' in CRM System. In this application we are going to create users in CRM System through BAPI's and in portal through LDAP System.

The requirement is to create users in EP6.0 from BSP Application in CRM System with out using LDAP System, not from Portal directly.

Creating user from our BSP Application should reflect in portal as well as in CRM System.

One more thing, if we create user in EP6.0 will this user reflect in CRM System.

Hope you understand my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I think i have got problem. Your BSP application is able to create users in CRM system, you want those users to automatically appear in portal as well.

For that you need to configure your portal with the R/3 system, such that the users created in CRM system reflect in portal as well.

Follow the steps given below -

1) Logon to portal with administrator id.

Navigate to System Admin -> System Config -> UM Config -> Data Sources.

Select the Data Source as "SAP Web AS ABAP User Management + Database". Save the changes and Close

2) Logon to the portal server. In the configtool offline editor, Change to edit mode.

Navigate to cluster_data -> server - > cfg -> services -> propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service ->

Change to Edit mode. Right click on the proertysheet ->

(i)Set the R3 connection properties to address the new AS for ABAP system. This usually requires changes to at least the following properties:

- ume.r3.connection.<adapterid>.ashost

- ume.r3.connection.<adapterid>.sysnr

- ume.r3.connection.<adapterid>.client

- ume.r3.connection.<adapterid>.user

- ume.r3.connection.<adapterid>.password

The variable <adapterid> refers to the value of ume.login.r3master.adapterid. The user and password properties should already have been configured in the prerequisites.

(ii)Save the changes in the J2EE Engine Config Tool

3) Restart the cluster.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Samta