Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First line not coming when FCC is used

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i am using FCC on the sender side..actually the input file will be in UTF-8 format..

now i have used fixed field length file with key field..what is happening is when i save the file as normal ANSI it goes though properly..

but when i save as UTF - 8 the first line of the file cannot be seen in moni..as that file contains some control chars at start , the keyfield doesnot match with the control chars..

can you specify how to remove those control chars at the start of the UTF-8 file or else the keyfield value will never match for the first line and the first line will never come in moni

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Jun 10, 2009 12:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

A lot of editing tools leave "unvisible" footprints in edited files. This can also happen at the end of each line (line feed).

Please be careful using such tools. One example for a tool leaving no footprints is TextPad.

Regards,

Volker

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Stefan/Volker,

many thanks....tried creating the file with text pad and it worked....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but when i save as UTF - 8 the first line of the file cannot be seen in moni..as that file contains some control chars at start , the keyfield doesnot match with the control chars..

If you use Windows programs like Notepad or Word, the UTF-8 files get additional characters at start, so the file cannot be read correctly by PI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte-order_mark

Use other editors or create the file in a different way, for example with a receiver file adapter.

Regards

Stefan

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for replying.....you are right...

the the wiki link that you have posted is right

i do see the hex represenation EF BB BF in the start of the UTF-8 file....

But when i try to create the file with other editor like ultraedit32 then also it is giving the same problem