cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager landscape ?

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Does Solution Manager landscape requires a typical 3 system landscape or is it like

one SOLMAN server for all the landscape.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't require a 3-tier landscape. But you need to think about how you are going to use Solution Manager for your project / organization. If it is connected to live processes (such as BPM, ChaRM, Service Desk, etc) then you should be thinking of having a 2-tier landscape in place at minimum.

You'll need a dev environment to test SAP notes, Support Packs, additional development, etc before you promote them to your prd environment. The same goes with configuration changes.

3-tier for SolMan might be a bit much, unless you are working in a validated environment and a QA test is a mandatory step for compliance.

This is not to say you can't have a single box for Solution Manager, I;ve seen this done before. I wouldn't recommend it though.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

what is the role of BASIS team in setting up solution manager, like what typical activities are needed from them.

Also will there be any requirement of Functional consultants to configure BPM (business process monitoring)

0 Kudos

Hello,

the technical prerequisites for Business Process Monitoring are described in SAP note 784752. Otherwise you find plenty of information in the Media Library under https://service.sap.com/bpm

If you need functional consultants or not is somewhat depending on the scope you want to use for BPMon. You will see that BPMon provides a broad scope of out-of-the-box functionality which can be application related but can also be only used by technical guys, e.g. IDOC, qRFC, tRFC, File or background job monitoring.

So there is no general answer to it. If you want to do full-blown BPMon then you will also need functional expertise.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

AAL123,

I highly recommend you to go through the RKTs for SolMan

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/rkt

this will give you a great introduction for SolMan design, config etc.

Nesimi

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

SolManiac:

If it is connected to live processes (such as BPM, ChaRM, Service Desk, etc) then you should be thinking of having a 2-tier landscape in place at minimum.

Does it mean that I should assign for my development SMsystem ERP Dev/Test and for Productive SMsystem ERP PRD? For example, I can maintain only one parameter OSS_MSG in BCOS_CUST. And If my users create messages from DEV and TST, then I will get two different bases with problem history.

The same troubles with ChaRM.

It's only my thinking. Am I right? If not please suggest solution.