cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We are planning to install GRC.Beinf new to GRC I have some doubts for it.

1- When searching for installation guide I found several components Like Access Control,Risk Managament..

We want to install all these component so I want to know do I need to install all these components sepratley on server or they can be install on a server and these components are independent of each other or do i need to install a common platform and on that i can install all required componenets.

2-I have searched a lot but not found any sizing guide for it,So please what should be hardware configuration for it.

Please Suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

1- When searching for installation guide I found several components Like Access Control,Risk Managament..

We want to install all these component so I want to know do I need to install all these components sepratley on server or they can be install on a server and these components are independent of each other or do i need to install a common platform and on that i can install all required componenets.

RM and AC are separate and independent of each other and have alltogether separate functionalities and uses. Would recommend not to install them on the same server.

2-I have searched a lot but not found any sizing guide for it,So please what should be hardware configuration for it.

You can find the info for the same in the installation guides of these products, which gives you a clear picture of what should be your hardware requirements for each component.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

As Suddep mentioned, GRC Access Control (AC) 5.3 is made up of four components : RAR, SPM, CUP and ERM. Installation of AC 5.3 contains two parts: Java front-end (Java code) and SAP Back-end (ABAP program). You will have to use SPM or JSPM to install java front-end portion for each of the four components separately (RAR, SPM, CUP, ERM). You will need to install RTA (Real time agent - ABAP program) only once for all four components. You will need to install total 5 different things:

1)Java front-end for CUP

2)Java front-end for RAR

3)Java front-end for SPM

4)Java front-end for ERM

5)RTA back-end for AC 5.3

The sizing guide for AC 5.3 is available at

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000071612&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks doe your reply...

As i read GRC is being installed as an Add-on,on server(ECC5,ECC6,Netweaver 4.0 and 7.0)

but we want to install it as an add on....So please suggest how can it be done.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivam,

Please follow the installation guide for AC 5.3. It contains step by step and there is no other way to install the products other then what is mentioned in the installation guide.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alpesh,

I check inst guide but in that procedure is only mentioned to install it as an add on..

My query is can we install it as an standalone server.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. GRC AC 5.3 is to WAS (Web Application server).

You can create a standalone WAS (NW Java Stack) and install the Java front-end on it. This will be act as your standalone server.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alpesh,

Thanks for the reply..

So you mean that I should install Netweaver 7.0 on a seprate machine and choose As JAVA only(Not as ABAP,BI Java,EP etc) while installing in usage type.

Please make me correct if I am wrong anywhere.

And then install GRC as an addon this machine.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Shivam and follow the steps in inst guide.

Cheers,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Master guide one figure is there that shows that Netweaver server on which GRC will be installed should have UME.So Installing only as JAVA will also cover it or it comes with GRC.

Also confirm RTA reuire only on source systems or it also needs to be installed on GRC server.

Shivam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

To improve performance I would recommend you to have 6 GB RAM and 120 GB hard disk with Netweaver and GRC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harleen,

After Access Control our plan is to install Risk management also.

So can we install Access control and risk Management on the same server means on netweaver server first I install AC as an addon and then Risk Managment as an addon.

Please confirm.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, GRC Risk Managment should also be installed, as an addon, like GRC Access Control

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

RTA does not need to be installed on the frontend GRC server. You only need to install it on GRC server. UME comes with AS JAVA installation

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harleen,

Thanks for the information.

Just confirm one more thing:

As per sizing guide for GRC Access control only 10,000 users,5000 roles 4 GB RAM,80 GB HDD is OK but as we will install Netweaver also on this server with it what should be the hardware configuration for same number of users and roles.

Please confirm.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

SAP recomends for small system you should have the following sizing minimum,

Component..........RAM...........HDD

RAR...................4GB............80GB

CUP..................2GB.............60GB

ERM.................2GB.............40GB

Total...............8GB..............180GB

Regards,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudip

where did you got these figures from?

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

GRC AC5.3 contains four components called

1)Risk Analysis and Remediation ( Previous Name Compliance Calibrator)

2) Compliant User Provisioning (Previous Name Access Enforcer)

3)Enterprise Role Management (Previous Name Role Expert)

4) Superuser Privilege Management (Previous Name Fire Fighter)

Depending upon your organisation requirement you have to install these components.

You can deploy these component in one netweaver server.

For Installation guides click on the links of SAP service marketplace below,

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718186&;

Then click on SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 and you will get the list of documents of GRC AC5.3 which is the latest version of GRC.

And the GRC Sizing guide is available in the marketplace.

If you require any other info then let me know.

Reagrds,

Sudip.