cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am trying to execute my CTM i am gettting following error message . Can any one help me to solve this issue.

"Resource W40RLLN01_US12_Z01 has buckets with invalid lengths

Error occurred during CTM planning run"

We are in SCM 4.10.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

For automation, try the same report with some custom code.

Try these reports but not in production system, try only

in test environment

/SAPAPO/LOO_TR_CHECKU33 /SAPAPO/TR_TT_CHK_TRESOURCE

/SAPAPO/LOO_TR_CHECKU39 /SAPAPO/TR_TM_CHK_RESCONS_UNIT

/SAPAPO/OM_LCCHECK_RESOURCE

/SAPAPO/OM_LCCHECK_RESOURCE2

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

1) Please carry out /SAPAPO/CTM01 - Consistency Check for CTM Master Data and check the logs created.

2) Also run consistency check at each tab in /SAPAPO/CTMMSEL - Master Data Selection wherever the resource based master data is maintained (like resource, ppm etc.,)

3) Check whether /SAPAPO/CTMTSTR - CTM Planning Calendar (Time Stream) is maintaine properly with the latest horizon and also with time zone as UTC.

4) Make change in time zone as UTC in CTM time stream and again update it in CTM profile(planning scope tab) and carry out the run and check.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

My problem is getting solved if i execute the Program "/SAPAPO/OM_UPGR_TSTR_CHECK" and select all the resources having isses and then i need to type "REPAIR" in the Transaction code window. So is there a way to automate the above process or any other program to correct the errors in resources.

Please Advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

In otherwords, you can run the report in se38 for the resource showing error

/SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have changed period from 30 days to 5000 days and still its giving the same error. Also i have executed /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN for the particular resource. I got the same error.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

In resource master data in APO, goto General data Tab, goto planning parameters, check the

days (from and to range) whether proper period is defined. Put period from 30 days to 5000 days and

try running CTM.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must be a planned order which is outside the planning horizon.

Example: If your planning horizon is say from 2009 to 2010, there must be a planned order with a date of jan 2011.

Please check the Product VIEW- RRP3 for the products under this resource.

Good Luck

--Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

How can i find the relation between products under the specified resource.

Please help .

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

1) Check whether factory calender is correctly maintained and specified in resource

2) Check time stream is maintained and assigned

3) Check other capacity related parameters in resource are properly mapped

4) As the error says, bucket with invalid length, some where peiod of capacity bucket seems to be incorrect.

5) Check in SNP planning book in capacity view of resource whether all buckets are appearing properly

6) Check storage bucket prfile and time bucket profile maintained or needs to be extended.

7) Let me check, is there any other notes. If steps 1 and 6 are ok, I would suggest to open a OSS message to SAP.

Please confirm your observations.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your inputs. I tought i will give additional information i have.

Actually for the same resource its processed for some entries and its failed also. I checked in CTM Logs. Any comments on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Please carry out livecache cons check for the Resource W40RLLN01_US12_Z01 under transaction /sapapo/res01, goto tools ---> livecache check.

Confirm are you getting any errors?

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have executed livecache cons check for the resource W40RLLN01_US12_Z01 still its giving error.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

Please check the below SAP notes 485931 & 1232560 and implement if applicable.

Let me know your comments.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Senthil,

Thanks for your immediate response.

Note 485931 is not applicable for us since we are in 4.10 i will try 1232560 and let you know.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Actually the OSS Notes 1232560 says us to maintain the messages in the message class right. I have checked the message class "/SAPAPO/CTM1" its having messsage 534 which is the same message "Resource &1 has buckets with invalid lengths" i am getting as an error. so its already maintained in the message class.

So i am not is this applicable for our system.

Please advice.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Did you assign the new time zone both in location as well as in the resource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Actually if we are not changing the time zone also its working fine. The problem is if i got to the resource in change mode and change it again its working fine.

I have checked in CTM ---> Control ---> Time Zone its "UTC" only.

If we go to change mode and save the resource again the problem is getting solved i am not sure what is the permanent solution.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

I would like you to change the time zone as I mentioned earlier and check whether you are still getting the error.

According to me, this should resolve your query.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the time zone to UTC still getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Check your time zone in resource whether maintained with UTC or not. In CTM, when you are planning with bucket resources, the system supports only UTC time zone.

I hope this will work for you.

Please check and confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I checked the resource timezone which is maintained in EST. Is this a problem ?

Thanks and regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you change the factory calender recently? then you will have to run the report /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN.

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

I am not sure they have changed the Factory calander. Any way i am executing the /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN by just giving only the specific resource the report results are as follows.

Number of Resources 0

Time Stream changed 0

Bucket Vector Chagned 0

Resources Created 0

After executing the above report i re-executed CTM once again it got failed.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Please check LC for time series master data ( Program in se38: u2018/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORGu2019 ) and Consistency check for existing time series network ( Program u2018/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECKu2019 ).. and if possible can you reinitilize your planning area?

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathyajit,

Actually if i go to that particular resource in change mode and just touch "Days + " and save the resource and re-execute CTM means its working fine. So this may help you to get some clue on this solution.

As you suggested i am executing program "/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG".

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

You use the report /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN, to update the validity period of a resource without saving the resource again. So when you are going to change mode and saving the resource you are updating the validity period of the resource. Check your planning horizon, and compare with the 'days+' field. The time period relevant for scheduling a resource to only be as long as the planning considerations require.

Did you run the other LiveChace consistency check programme?..and can you initialize the planning area again?

Thanks,

Satyajit