cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd. error in sender agreement(when to check sender uses virtual receiver)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I am doing a file( SFTP adapter ) to IDOC scenario.

I got an error :

Couldn't retrieve inbound binding for the given P/S/A values:FP=XYZ;TP=;FS=XXXX;TS=XXXX;AN=XXXXXX;ANS=;

I checked my sender agreement and saw some "*" symbol displayed at the end on SA name.

To quick fix it and remove the star symbol'', i have just created SAgreement again and this time i checked "Sender uses virtual receiver " and revomved thestar symbol '' and saved without mentioning anything there.

When i tested it worked! but i want to know what made it work, is it the right practice.

i did a lilttle search on when to use "sender uses virtual receiver" option.i came to an understanding that it is mainly used to handle multiple input file formats in a single configuration scenario.

one more qns:

What are marketplace adapters,is this error comes when we use adapters which are not inbuilt or bought from external vender.

Regards,

Anika

Edited by: Anika Gulati on Jun 10, 2009 1:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhi,

thanks for reply...

yes you are right if we create all manually '' doesnt come.When i run wizard for other interfaces , this '' doestn comes always.... rt?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so the conclusion is create the objects manually......takes some time...but better than wasting time in debugging the error

The "*" symbol gets introduced when you run the Wizard...dont remember whether it comes always...its been very long since I have used the wizard

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 10, 2009 3:16 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you used Configuration Wizard while creating the objects??...if yes then the " * " gets introduced....to avoid this I create the objects (RD, CC, SA, RA) manually.....when this way is used the " * " does not create a problem.....when the " * " gets introduced the name of your Service in SA / RA becomes something like BS_Test_Send*...however the actual name is BS_Test_Send...and then at runtime the objects cannot be correlated and we get an error......just check this approach and let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

-->In the Sender Agreement level and Receiver Agreement level we have the check box SENDER USES VIRTUAL RECEIVER.

-->We will select this check box when the receiver system is not in our landscape.If we check this check box it says that the receiver system is not in our landscape.

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/09/16/virtual-receiver--why-do-you-really-need-it - that will give you some insights

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are few ways for it...

SAP Process Integration: When to Use u201CSender Uses Virtual Receiveru201D in a Sender Agreement

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40cb67f7-6464-2b10-bcb9-8edb9a35...

SAP Network Blog: Virtual Receiver - Why do you 'really' need it?

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/09/16/virtual-receiver--why-do-you-really-need-it

-SM