cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing new note - why and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

user in PP complains about being unable to execute one transaction. consultant found that there is note / correction which should be implemented and it will correct that error.

why such error suddenly appear? no patches have been applied on server since 01/2006 and suddenly i must apply correction. by now, everything was fine.

where from requirement for that correction - appeared????

another thing: how to apply that correction? should i apply it on customizing client on dev, transport request on qas and then on production? is it way it should be implemented?

is it possible to implement that note/correction just on sendbox (one client on qas)?

check it out and if everything works fine, do it way dev-qas-prd?

as i said, no patches have been applied since 01/2006. is it must to install all patches before applying note/correction?

since we implemented r/3 (10/2005), no one correction appeared that needs to be installed, so that is why i am confused.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Domagoj Barac,

Yes you should apply note in Development environemt first. You can revert back the same.

There can be many reasons for same. You can refer to the particular note for more information.

You can apply note using tcode : snote

Hope it helps

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domenic ,

I agree with Subhash .

There are many reason for application of the notes.

Probabily the consultant might not tried this option/Tcode yet .

You can apply the notes using the OSS router connection . Go to snote > download the note > Implement the note . ( Read the note carefully before applying )

Downloading notes using the Router connection is the best way since it will automatically fetch all necessary corrections.

Anyway if you want to revert the correction back , it is possible to revert back.

You need to apply the correction in Development first , notedown the Transport request , transport it to Quality and Production .

Regards,

Nibu

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>why such error suddenly appear? no patches have been applied on server since 01/2006 and suddenly >i must apply correction. by now, everything was fine.

There could be many reason for that error, but you should read the symptom which is appeared in the note and you could verify the symptom from your problem, and it will answer your question.

>where from requirement for that correction - appeared????

It should be come from consultant to the technical team to implement the note.

another thing: how to apply that correction? should i apply it on customizing client on dev, transport request on qas and then on production? is it way it should be implemented?

You should apply the Note in developement system and through transport you can move forward to QA & PRD system.

>is it possible to implement that note/correction just on sendbox (one client on qas)?

>check it out and if everything works fine, do it way dev-qas-prd?

No I would not recomend to go to QA system. First apply in the dev system and check that correction has been made then apply on QA system.

>as i said, no patches have been applied since 01/2006. is it must to install all patches before applying >note/correction?

>since we implemented r/3 (10/2005), no one correction appeared that needs to be installed, so that is >why i am confused.

As i said there could be many reason for that but notes can be applied directly. You need not to apply the whole support pack for a single note. But yes System should be upgraded on all the level otherwise you will get errors from either OS level or Sap Level or Database level. Even you raise a support message to SAP they would probably tell you to update the system first for support

Regards,

Subhash