cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservices for Interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had a scenario where currently External System uses a VB proxy classes to send input to webservice and response comes back to th ext system.

Now with SAP implementation , the requirement is to have an update in SAP.

So i decided to use recvr proxy to update SAP, but how do i design the scenario...????

or do i use a sender proxy so when it is triggered from SAP the response coem from the webservice?

Im confused...appreciate ur help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayendra,

As Shabarish stated you need to have to two synchronous interfaces. One is for webservice (inbound interface) and one is for SAP (outbound interface). You are going to generate proxy for the outbound interface in SAP (I mean R3, the sender SAP system). When you generate the proxy for the outbound interface you will have the required classes and methods in SAP to send your input to external webservice and to get response of the web service.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get clear idea of your requirement and E2E scenario.

But based on your info, I can give you some idea -

Your external system - 3rd party (VB) will consume SAP XI web service .

You can create objects in IR/ESR which will contain data types/messages/message Interface. Here you can decide if you want to make the scenario as syncronous or asynchronous.

In ID, you can configure 3rd party service/business system and SOAP sender/ (receiver adapaters in case of Async ).

Now on SAP R/3 side, you can create proxy class/interface of Inbound proxy ( and outbound proxy in case of async).

Hope, the above info suits to your requirement.

Thanks,

Sach

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yours i guess will be a sync proxy to WS scenario.

configure a sync proxy interface. the request from sap will be send to XI. the WS will be called and the response routed back to the proxy call where it can be processed in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

The interface will be triggered from Legacy system.Currently they use the webservice for computations.

So i feel wsdl generated from ID , the link should be given to ext application(VB) so data can be sent to SAP thru Inbound Proxy and also synch response from WS goes back to ext application...

Am i right in the design...could you throw in some suggestions?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes the wsdl (from ID) needs to be given to the source application as they will be communicating with XI/ PI using SOAP protocol..give the entire wsdl file to then as they might need to refer to the structure while sending the data.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Actually they r already using the same wsdl...

so i just have to import it as Ext def?..in o/b interface and create a wsdl right?..

so response from wsdl will go back to ext appl as it will be synch interface?..how do i send data to rcvr

proxy?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if they are providing you a wsdl and saying to develop a MI on this it is fine.....but the point is that you need to give them a wsdl created in XI on the Sync OB MI....and then they have to use this wsdl to send / receive data

Instead of using their wsdl to create MI you also have the option of creatin a DT which is exactly same as the wsdl structure.....not needed...just FYI...

you need a Sync OB MI and a Sync IN MI

create a wsdl on SYNC OB MI and create a proxy on SYNC IN MI....

hit back (not literally) if you have some doubt

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 10, 2009 4:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hit back..haha

But synch outbound would suffice right?...

the data from webservice just has to go to proxy which will update the custom T codes in our case..

does Inbound allso have to be Synch?

Edited by: Jayendra Gangundi on Jun 10, 2009 12:41 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well so you have a WS call coming into XI and then you need the response to go back to the WS.

so indeed a sync outbound interface is required. Now on the target you have SAP. having an inbound sync interface will push data into SAP and also you can have the response triggered back from SAP to be provided to WS

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But synch outbound would suffice right?...

yes....it should...

does Inbound allso have to be Synch?

you get a response from SAP right??....so you send this as a response to the WS in the response message??....so you need a IN Sync MI..which will send the resposne back from SAP to XI and then you forward it to the sender...did i loose some link in between?? if yes please excuse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The idea is basically ext application to xi response back to ext application

response to SAP for updation of custom T codes

is this possible?..i want webservice response to go back to ext application as well as to ECC

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is this your Scenario:
WS1 -----> XI -----> WS2....request from WS1 to WS2 and then in the response it is
WS2 ----> XI ------> WS1
                  |------> ECC ......response which comes from WS2 goes to WS1 and to ECC

You can do a BPM implementation here.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement actually is as follows :

Ext application <------> WebService

now with their SAP imlpementation

Ext application <------->WebService -

> ECC

Im totally confused now :-(....

Cos I think i will have to host WebService created using ID in XI, so now I take the outbound message structure

and create a wsdl?... will i get the same response as in the As IS process?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IThe flow is exactly the same which i gave in the previous reply....sorry if it confused you...instead of WS1 read it as EXT_appl (your external application).....

Yes you need to create a WSDL from the OB MI in XI as your Sender EXT application is communicating with you through SOAP......give this WSDL to them...

Now on the XI <---> WS side i.e. the receiver side get a WSDL from the WS application and then include it as ED in your IR and develop the IN MI on this wsdl file.....

Are you allowed to use a BPM for this scenario??

Regards,

Abhishek.