cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help requierd on mail sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m workin on a scenario to send email from a mail server inbox to XI.i need to configure mail sender adapter....need step by step help on that.

regards,

latika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

it will help u..

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check these links,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh,

thanx for givin the link...but my problem is not yet solved...i think i m makin som mistake regarding the message type to collect my mail content. is there a specific structure for that. i have vendor information in my mail content.

regards,

latika.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi latika,

the Message Structure to be defined depends on the message protocol that you are trying to use.

I would recommend using XIPAYLOAD. From the help link,

<b>XIPAYLOAD</b>

In this mode, the content of the e-mail is put in the payload of the XI message. If you do not set the Use Mail Package indicator, the information about the sender (From), receiver (To), and subject of the e-mail is lost.

If you have selected XIPAYLOAD as the message protocol, you must make the following additional specifications under Mail Attributes:

If you want to put the entire e-mail message including the header information (From, To, Subject) in the payload, set the Use Mail Package indicator. See the example below. The header information is included in an XML mail package format.

<i>

Source Structure</i>

<i><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns:Mail xmlns:ns="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30">

<Subject>Subject</Subject>

<From>namea@company.com</From>

<To>nameb@company.com</To>

<Reply_To />

<Content_Type>text/plain</Content_Type>

<Content>

This is the content.

</Content>

</ns:Mail></i>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx bhavesh. i hope it wil work now..i m unable to test it due to some problem in the mail server