Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Authorisation object from many roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How can we deleted one customized authorisation object included in many roles at once?

Do it one by one is little bit time consuming. Please help me out.

Thanks

Firoz.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Firoz,

You can use CATT/eCATT to record the steps and try it out. While recording you can include a step to click the find button and input the authorization object which you want to delete and then delete it.

Try it out, and let me know if it works.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

> You can use CATT/eCATT to record the steps and try it out. While recording you can include a step to click the find button and input the authorization object which you want to delete and then delete it.

I do not think ECATT can handle the correct cursor positioning.

My question to the original poster is:

How many roles are affected? This gives an idea about the amount of investigation which is reasonable to find a workaround.

0 Kudos

It might work if you do find on the object, then select the position icon (CtrlshiftF10) which would then shift the screen so the object is at the top. That may give a consistent position for the selection of the deletion icon etc, etc. Not tried it but it could work. Obviously no good if there are inactivated objects or duplicates.

If SU24 is maintained well then removing it from there and scripting regen of the roles in expert mode may work.

0 Kudos

>

> > You can use CATT/eCATT to record the steps and try it out. While recording you can include a step to click the find button and input the authorization object which you want to delete and then delete it.

>

> I do not think ECATT can handle the correct cursor positioning.

>

> My question to the original poster is:

> How many roles are affected? This gives an idea about the amount of investigation which is reasonable to find a workaround.

I believe it can be done with SECATT using the "find button" to locate the auth object thus addressing the cursor positioning but I will NEVER advise or go the SECATT or ECATT script route for regeneration of roles. I just do NOT trust a script to automatically regenerate a role unless they number in the thousands or several hundreds.

To answer your question, I'll do it one at a time. And as Jurjen pointed out you need to run a query to find out exactly how many roles are affected, you might be pleasantly surprise. Run SE16->AGR_1251 to find out how many auth objects need to be corrected.

Good luck!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Better you do it manually by deactivating in each role.

Regards,

Ravi

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one point: Is the object added manually or pulled by some Tcodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you not want to use the object anymore?

--> Delete from all roles?

Try transaction AUTH_SWITCH_OBJECTS, but you might need to change it's class first.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 10, 2009 10:37 PM

0 Kudos

>

> Try transaction AUTH_SWITCH_OBJECTS, but you might need to change it's class first.

>

Yes..!! couldn't recall this... this is may be of help for this case.. thanks Julius..

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus'

Thank you for your support, I have done it with SCAT, ours is 4.6c, it works fine. I have to remove the Authorisaiton object from 70 roles.

Thank you once again,

Firoz.