cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language conversion issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenerio is File 2 PI to R/3 . From file in one of the fields, I am sending a field with a text in KOREAN. This value is passing successfully through PI [ I can see in SXMB_MONI and IDX5] and once it reaches R/3, it simply converts KOREAN language into "####', however it is keeping the English part of teh text Intact. I see this in WE02 in the field of the segment.

I would wish to know whats setting in R/3 do i need to do so as to keep this KOREAN text intact and NOT #####. I am sure som setting realted to language KEY will resolve this,, just dont know, where in R/3 it can be done.

Rgards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this is the encoding issue because the KOREAN letter doesnot comes under utf-8 so maybe u have to change the encoding type to the one which contains the KOREAN letter.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

But hemant,, i can see successful converrsion in sxmb_moni and dry testing in messege mapping is showing Korean, so i believe it is sending out KOREAN only out of the system,, pls comment

Is there any setting in SM59 of teh R/3 side, PI side,,, ?? pls comment!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the RFC destination that has been defined to transfer IDOCS to ECC,

SM59 --> Special Options --> Charater Width in Target system as "Unicode",

For more help refer to...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/65/9fb5d80f7c2e4fbc6258b66e131285/content.htm

-SM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your R3 unicode?

try having the RFC destination connecting XI and R3 to maintain a unicode

Also try to check the RFC bit option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use logon language Korean in the receiver channel.

Regards

Stefan