cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error inModifyrecord:The record has been exclusively locked by another user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hitting the below error when i try to modify the record.

com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Der Datensatz wurde bereits exklusiv von einem anderen Benutzer gesperrt

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Der Datensatz wurde bereits exklusiv von einem anderen Benutzer gesperrt

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.ModifyRecordCommand.execute(ModifyRecordCommand.java:163)

My scenario is i have an AbstractDataListener registered in Eventdispacter ,when a record is modified it triggers and distribute the record and it needs to update the flag in mdm.The record is distributed but it is not updating.The error says "The record has been exclusively locked by another user"

Any idea would be helpfull.

Regards

Sabarinathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan,

Are you using the MDM 5.5 or the MDM 7.1 version?

If you are using the 7.1 version then there is a lock mechanism that works on imported records..Since you said that the record gets modified automatically after some time.I am guess this could be one of the reason.

Else if you are using the 5.5 version then you need to check the following:

- The user has sufficinet priviledge to modify records as defined in MDM console

- The record is not checked out.

- The record is not caught in any workflow.

Else if you have too many records in your repository it could be the response time is just slow.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem can be solved by Joining the check out but after joining the check out either you have to

check in the record or you have to roll back.Firstly in both the cases the changes in the data made by other person may not get reflected, Secondly if the other person checked in the record before you complete your changes then probably your changes may not be reflected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

thanks for your inputs,but here the record is not checkout by other user,its the same user trying to update the record after successfull record distribution.

This happens inconsistently,,i.e when i try again the record updates after 2 sec aprox.

I suspect some operation going internally in mdm server and it needs time for update when it is read .

please pours your thoughts in this,i may be wrong on this.

Thanks

Sabarinathan

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sabrinathan,

Please check the process of initial load. What happens to the record status?

OR

You can first check the checkedout status of the record before doing anything for your assistance.

Record.CheckedoutStatus() is the command.

There are certain integer values that it will return that are mapped to the checkedout status. It is given in the APIs

com.sap.mdm.data.Record.CheckoutStatus

public static final int MEMBER 2

public static final int NON_MEMBER 4

public static final int NONE 0

public static final int ORIGINAL 1

public static final int OWNER 3

public static final int UNDEFINED -1

This might help in determining weather the user has the privilage to update the record or not. Seeing the result you can take the call how to proceed with the options provided in the posts above, all of which are valid.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan,

As the record has already beencheckedout exclusively by a user, you wont be able to update the records with any other user .

You can solve this problem:

by either importing the records with the user who have checked out the records

(ii) or by checking out the records Nonexclusively and giving permission to the user to join the checkout with which you want to import the records.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I understand, The error generally comes in MDM when some other user might have checked out the record in MDM exclusively. And hence no body else will be allowed to now edit the record and I guess thats why you are getting the error.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain