cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Third Party Sales (W & W/0 Shipping Notification)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I am doing Third Party Scenario I am facing Problem in Understanding why there is no Outbound

Delivery takes place, Only because if I am taking Goods-In from MIGO against Sales Order, It means

my Stock is increased & after Goods Issue only I can deduct that stock,

If I wants to do Outbound Delivery is it Recommended or Not ?

Please Explain me,

I checked all Relevant massages but still confuse,

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the others are right. you do statistical MIGO so that you can further process MIRO and Accounts Payables. This also sets up the billing due list.

the ability to do statistical MIGO is influenced by the item category TAS. you could check the schedule lines and movement type associated with this item category.

also, check the copy controls for the item category, that will allow customer billing based on MIGO.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I think there is some slight confusion here wrt 3rd party sales, in this process we are not actually delivering the goods to customers, that part is done on behalf of us by our vendor. Vendor directly sends the gooods order to customer does the outbound delivery and all from his system and sends us a corrosponding invoice (MIRO) for same.

On that MIRO vendor invoice we create a final customer invoice (VF01) and send it to customer for collecting the payment.

Although you are somehat right that once we do MIGO (goods are placed in storage> so stock should also increase first and should be reduced accordingly after doing PGI) but here since we are not making any physical delivery, there is no movement type, PGI from our side thus a aadition or reduction in stocks. MIGO stands here as 1 component of whole process.

VA01> ME51- auto creates PR for SO> ME21N create PO/Convert PR to PO> MIGO>MIRO>VF01.

config is in place of normal CP schedule lines for TAS its CS, Movement type NIL, item relevant for delivery box- unchecked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemkant,

I saw SAP Best Practices BPP doc 107 & 104 Third Party,

In that they mention Statistical Good-Receipt (MIGO),

If the SAP is suggesting to do MIGO then we have to PGI also,

But they haven't mentioned PGI in that,

that is why I am Confused,

Please correct me if I am wrung,

Sales Order>Convert Purchase Req to PO>then MIGO > MIRO >Billing with reference of Order(VF01),

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

One thing you have to remember that stocks will not come into your premises, as vendor will supply it directly to the customer. But for system information purpose, we do Statistical Goods Receipts (MIGO).

If you do PGI, goods movement will happen and at the same time system will generate Material document but in this case it is not required as customer has already received the stocks.

If you still have some doubts, please let me know.

Regards,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAYANK,

I would like to ask you one thing by Statistical Goods Receipt Goods will show in our Stock ?

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I dont know the exact reason why they have not mentioned PGI in the best practice doc but one thing i can tell u is that the MIGO process that we are doing is only for our information purposes, it results in stock value updation only not quantity. Its a step jus to ensure that the customer has been delivered goods which were ordered by him.

The outbound delivery and PGI is done by vendor only not by us.

Hope this is somewhat clear now.

Regards,

Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is any setting for this kind of MIGO "it results in stock value updation only not quantity",

Please tell me in Detail,

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Statistical Goods recipt is dummy goods receipt..... This is only to facilitate u so that u would have record and can create an invoice based on that. Its nt mandatory steps in 3rd party, Though recommended.

Statistical stock are nt coming into ur stock, so stock wont get u[date...

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Since Goods Receipts is Statistical only, Stocks will not reflect in your plant.

In Third Party Without Shipping Notification process, Customer Invoice is raised on the basis of Vendor Invoice.

so first MIRO will happen, then VF01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemkant Sharma,

can i know where is the controle factor for not updating stock quantity and only updating stock vale

while doing MIGO in third party process.

other than third party process, when we are doing MIGO then the system updates quantity as well as value.

thanks

nitchel

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Nitchel

You can set the GR indicator in the purchase order item or perform the required settings in Customizing

Edited by: Hemkant Sharma on Jun 10, 2009 1:02 PM