cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unable to modify database" error while unarchiving repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

while unarchiving the repository in the oracle database im getting the erroe message as "Unable to modify Database"

Please help me to solve this issue..

Regards,

Nimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether the permissions of user used to connect to the Database has been changed.

Also try to create a temporary database manually directly in Database. If possible then definitely something is wrong from MDM end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimal,

Please refer to the thread which discusses the same problem

And also through the SAP Support note:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_mdm/~form/handler]|

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have restarted the database server and then the MDM server but still i get this error while unarchiving.

Even I could not able to create a new repository.

Please help.

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimal,

In the SAP Note ( SAP Note Number: 1324299 ) I have given above the SAP has mentioned the solution for the above stated problems as:

Solution

Solution 1:

Enlarge the free space on the DBMS to the size required for the original repository.

Solution 2:

Allocate free space in advance for the new repository assuming that the free space allocation can be estimated.

Note: This solution is only valid for Oracle DB.

To allocate free space in advance for the new repository, carry out the following:

1. Execute the next statement on the Oracle SQL Plus Editor.

Note: In this sample the new repository name is TEST_REP.

2. CREATE TABLESPACE A2I_ TEST_REP_m000_Ix

DATAFILE 'A2I_ TEST_REP_m000_Ix.DBF'

SIZE 973888K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 61120K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 32K NEXT 128K MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCREASE 0);

3. CREATE TABLESPACE A2I_ TEST_REP_m000

DATAFILE 'A2I_ TEST_REP_m000.DBF'

SIZE 973888K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1024K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 64K NEXT 512K MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCREASE 0);

4. After executing this statement successfully, unarchive the schema-only repository again and choose the name TEST_REP as the repository name

Hence please check for the DBMS space on your system where the MDM server resides. And if found less, then make some space free for the action to be completed.

Hope this info helps,

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain