cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to give other material as a free good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here i am getting doubt how to give free good for one material to another material. for ex:- if customer buy product A he will get product B as a free good how do we configure in to sap. i tried in exclusive method in the sales order it is executing and when coming to delivery and billing free good line item is not getting in deliveries and billing how to do this. plz tell the required steps to do this.

Thanks & Regards,

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the order quantity in your sales order?

Also please check your Free goods condition records where we have the option to propose the delivery of the free goods (last column in the record).

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishor,

you can either use free goods functionality(VBN1).

Create exclusive free goods for material A and give material B free with it.

You Have to maintain one to one ratio and also put minimum qty whatever u want.....

Second option u can do this by maintaining the record in CS01(BOM) by keeping second item cat as TANN.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

i have maintained condition record in vbn1 but for product A base unit of measure is different with product B after maintaining the cond record in sales order it is executing and after saving then going to delivery the free good line item is not coming and for billing also it is not showing. if i gave the same material in the exclusion it is executing in order, delivery and billing also, but i am not understanding why if i give the other material then only it is not executing. plz solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Inclusive Case , you can have the same unit for both the materials.

But in case of Exclusive, you can have either the same unit or different unit.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Do this Go to sales document item category in VOV7

There Activate the "Schedule line allowed" and deactivate the "relevant to delivery" indicatoe in the

In the copy control table (VTLA) at item level , check the configuration for TAN & TANN, it should be same for both here.

And also check the delivery indicator in VBN1 which is last column, and it should be blank.

Thanks,.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done in two ways.

1)Create a BOM with the product A as the header material.Make sure that the sub items are for free of cost.Pricing will be done only for this header.

2)Mainatin the different item category for both material A and material B.

Goto VOV7 T.Code.

Select material B's item category.

Details.

Maintain the pricing as "B".

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.