cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Web Dispatcher listening different TCP port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to post a question regarding Web dispatcher.

Our present environment has a Web dispatcher binding to single domain which is VeriSign Certified. We have received a requirement to support another CA for SSL authentication at Web Dispatcher since VeriSign is not their trusted partner. Hence, i am exploring the below possibilities.

1. Configure another port for SSL with same WD instance. Is this possible?

2. In case point 1 not possible, i will setup another WB instance to listen on differnt TCP port. In this case, is it possible to have two WD binding to single Message Server? The XI version is 7.0.

Appreciate your views and advices.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dey and Olivier, thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

By right, the client must accept the Certificate of Server it is connecting to. However our requirement is we have set of customers from a particular country where Country regulations Act does not support VeriSign, hence, we have to support the CA which is approved by the Country regulations in order to serve customers from that specific country.

That is reason, we are exploring on supporting another CA for SSL authentication. As you mentioned, with single WD instance, it is no possible to have two server certificates. We have to go for another instance only.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Case 2 is definitively possible and very simple to implement.

For case 1, it possible to set the WD to listen to 2 different SSL port but I'm not sure that it is possible to one different certificate per port. I think you will have to investigate with virtual hosts.

But I don't really understand why you should adapt to a different CA for each partner.

In my opinion the partner has to adapt to the CA used on the server he wants to connect to.

But of course, I don't know your specific problem.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

This guide will help you undrstand the senario, yes it is possible to have to ports in the kind of senario mentioned in the guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60d6de2e-085b-2b10-7a8f-bc9ae1e0...

oher info is available at

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/instguides netveaver->2004s->installation->webdispatcher install guide.

Warm regards,

Dey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: CoE Basis on Jun 10, 2009 10:20 AM