cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error updating SAP kernel to 7.01(32 bits)

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I update our Solution manager kernel to 7.01 but fail when starting sapstartsrv.exe. The error message is "error 14001: this application has failed to start becuase the application configration is

incorrect. reinstalling the appliaction map fix this problem". I could run with 7.00 and 7.10 without any problem. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error generally happens due to missing Visual C++ runtime components. You have to execute a package vcredist.exe to fix this. You can refer the MS article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403) for more information and for downloading the exe file. After executing the exe file, try starting sapstartsrv.exe again.

But before performing the above step, try replacing the sapstartsrv.exe under the Kernel directory from some other Kernel. May be sapstartsrv.exe is corrupt. But most probably you have to follow the first step which I explained. Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Varun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun&Uday,

I can not thank you enough for your information. After updating vcredist, sapstartsrv.exe(kernel 7.01) can run without any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can give a try checking this forum [Link|;

Regards

Uday