cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0 - Error during import design objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have problem to import design object from developemnt to production. The error is "The result set has no current row." Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Regards,

Thava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I assume you use Export/Import and not CTS+, correct?

Sometimes the export files are corrupted. So please export the objects again taking with you SWCV, namespaces and all objects.

Then transfer this tpz file to production import directory and import it again.

Question: Does you production SLD already contain this Software Component and Version?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Volker

Yes, we export/import to/from file. We have tried several times with all objects of the s.w.c.version, and several times with just selected namespaces.

The actual softw.comp. and version was added manually into the prod. SLD before we tried to do the import. That worked fine for a couple of other sw.comp. we also did export/import. (PS. We have one SLD for the test system and 1 SLD for the prod. system). The one failing is the biggest (filesize about 2.5MB).

For Thava

Lars Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars!

The filesize of 2.5MB may be a clou ...

The error ocurs while the import or after (successful) import? And your user has "fully-blown" admin. authorities in Production PI?

To break the problem down please try to transport the objects (export and import) in the following sequence:

1. only SWCV

2. only one namespace w/o objects

3. one or two objects of that namespace

What happens when?

By the way: What is your PI release? 7.1?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker and thanks for good advices

I was not aware of that I could only import the SW.comp.version (without objects)

I managed to import the SWC version, but when I tried to import "Imported objects (RFCs and Idocs)", it failed with the "The result set has no current row" message. Since RFCs and Idocs are used in the other mappings I tried to import these objects first, but they are also the biggest part (and the file size is 2.2MB for these objects).

Regards Lars Harald (for Thava)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars!

Okay! One idea concerning IDocs and RFCs. Is in your SWCV (ESR) maintained a correct system for importing IDocs and RFCs?

Is it possible for you to import one of these RFCs manually in production?

If this does not help I would recommend you to open a CSN at SMP in parallel to our further investigations.

Do you get the error in the import popup? What appears if xyou press the "details" button there? Can you copy&paste the content of the detailed error message?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

The other software comp. versions, that have been imported successfully, have the same setup for "Connection Data for Import from SAP System".

Today I did a new attempt of importing the same file that got "The result set has no current row" yesterday. Today i first got "Internal error when importing object f326e...." "You can proceed with the transport though objects with errors will be ingnored. This may cause inconcistencies in other objects after import. Do you want to proceed?" (Options: Continue, Cancel)

I tried Continue, but got "Unable to set import lock for software component version C2H_XI_Int..... because user xxx... is currently importing data to this component. Try again once user xxx...." (the same user!) "has finished importing data."

I checked "Administration" - "Locks overview" and there were 2 locks, both created at the same time, i.e. by the same import. I removed the locks and retried the import, but now got "The result set has no current row" message again. hmmm - Java

Now I wonder if I should try to delete all RFCs and Idocs not being used anymore - and then try to export Imported objects, but without including deleted objects - what do u think?

Here are the first lines of the "Details" of "The result set has no current row":

#6 09:01:35 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.core.versioning.integration.VersionSetIntegrationException

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException: The result set has no current row.

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.throwRootCause(PvcTransport.java:448)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.pvcIntegrate(PvcTransport.java:197)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.integrateVersionset(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:486)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.transport.impl.service.InternalRepTransportServiceImpl.autoIntegrate(InternalRepTransportServiceImpl.java:564)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importZippedStream(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:731)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:368)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.TransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceImpl.java:152)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceBean.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceBean.java:171)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl1_0.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl1_0.java:730)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl1_0p4_Skel.dispatch(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl1_0p4_Skel.java:107)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Serialized server exceptions:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.co....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars!

If it is possible I would recommend to cleanup production ESR completely. That is completely removing the SWCV from ESR manually and activating the respective change list when finished.

Then I would look for cache status (ABAP and Java).

Then I would look for any locks in Administration

If possible I would restart production system

Then I would cleanup your SWCV in Development system by removing all obsolete objects

Then I would try to export/import it again.

By the way: Do you have a 3-stage-landscape? And if so: Did the import to QA work properly? And if so: What are the main differences between your QA and your PROD system (because there MUST be differences - e.g. Load Balancung/HA or SP- or Patch Level differences)?

If this does not help either I would open a CSN at SMP asking the software vendor for help. From remote this looks like a bug ....

Regards and Good Luck,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker and thanks a lot for your effort and help!

I am quite convinced that we (at least) must have some kind of inconsistency in the Repository data that should be fixed, and maybe we also have some other setup / installation problems. We have created OSS messages and are now in a dialog with SAP. I will try to come back here with "the solution" when we (hopefully) get this fixed. Thanks again.

PS. We have only a 2-stage landscape

Regards Lars Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars!

Sounds logical. Please do not forget to come back to this thread, inform us and then close this thread (and if you want give points).

Regards,

Volker

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you import the design objects from Dev to production.

in Dev- First u need to export the Design objects throuht File mode.

once export a ".tpz " file is created .do not change the file of ".tpz" file. if do while importing its happend the errror.

after that

Produ- select the import for desgin objects from here.

select the export ".tpz" files.

Regards,

sateesh

roger_gomez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thava,

What object type are you exporting from development? Maybe it has relations to other objects that need to be included together in the same transport.

Regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

We are importing the whole software component version (including all namespaces/objects).

Thanks.

Regards,

Thava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

INsatead of software component version please transport the namespace.

Also check the cache wether it is refreshed or not.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually the transportation takes place in the following order

DEV>QA->Prod.

Since u have only 2 i.e dev n prod so u have to directly import to PROD.

Follow the following steps.

1) Export the SCV into PROD by downloading the objects on to the desktop.

Remember that the repository objects will be in teh .tpz format

2) Go to Prod and then import the objects into it.

Let me know if u face any issues.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

R u importing the object directly from Dev-Prod.

But i think it should be Dev>QA>Prod.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But our system landscape is 2 system landscape. We only have Dev and Prod.

Thanks.

Regards,

Thava