cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to import .Net Webservice???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to use a webservice which is made in Visual Studio 2005. When I import it there's no error message, but the model is not created. Nothing happens...

Is this a compatibility issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

There are some WSDLs that .net will create that have issues when trying to import them into WD. The main one I ran across was when the output of the web service was just an xml doc.

The problem is the WSDL has a tag for a 'body' element that does not have a type associated with it. The solution is to save a local copy of the WSDL and modify the tag to have a type of 'string' (<wsdl:part name="Body" type="s:string" />). This is usually in the http get and post sections and even if those won't be used (usually the soap section is used), the wizard will have problems pulling in the WSDL if the tag is missing the type. Another option is to remove all the http get/post sections, but this could cause other issues and takes more time than adding the type to a few tags.

This error usually shows up as an error, but it might be your problem.

The only times I've seen it go through the wizard and not create the model is when trying to re-import a web service. It can have problems if you delete a model and try to re-import it. The delete does not remove all the files and so in the re-import it will go through the whole wizard and then not produce the model.

Usually there are files left in the src/packages/wsdls directory. Delete files in that directory that pertain to the model being re-imported.

Check out this blog for more information on re-importing web services: /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/10/10/how-to-reimport-web-service-models-in-web-dynpro-for-java

Hope this helps.

-Cindy

Message was edited by: Cindy Herrman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it. I made a local version of the wsdl by using the 'save as' from the Internet Explorer. Now it works.

Don't ask me why, but I am able continue now.