cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you help me the best practices (procedure) to maintain de characteristic value combinations for DP?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best way to identify new combinations when I load new historical data?

Sholud I do any logic to identify new combiantions or should I initialized all the combiantions every time I load new historical data?

Thanks a lot

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to display CVC'S before u upload the new historical data.Check the number of combinations u have.

DISPLAY CVC'S using /sapapo/mc62

Check the number of combinations in the data source from where you want to upload the new historical data.

If the number of combinations are different then do the realignment add the new CVC'S.

REALIGNMENT using /sapapo/rlgcopy

Whenever u r upload ing your data you need not initialize it everytime.If the particular combination is present it will rewrite the existing data and if the combination is not present it will be shown in the logs as error "data unable to copy" "no cvc's present".

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the answer, it has been very useful.

Do you know a good method to maintain combinations that have not had any history (new products for example), but should be in DP to be planned? It could happen that the DP combiantions are more than the combinations of the source system, so don´t I lose control to know the new comnbinations in the source system?

Thanks in advance.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to generate CVC's based on the infocube where your demand history sits for the new period (before loading the data into the planning area)... the system will only create the CVC's that are new. Now load the data from the cube into the planning area using TSCUBE.

Regards,

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are various ways to maintain CVC`s in to the MPOS.

1. Create Manually: In that you can create CVC`s by entering value in the respective characteristcis & execute the transaction, so your CVC`s will generate in the MPOS.

2. Load to Worklist: If you select this redio button then you will get different options to create CVC`s e.g. File, Info Provider, Badi etc

3. Generate Immediatly: This option is similar to load to worklist but i obsereved if you choose load to worklist & select info provider as source then your CVC`s will not generate(This is my observartion but it will work with Generate immediatly option)

4. Generate in Background: This option will use when you want to genreate CVC`s in the background with the help of above 2 & 3 Option.This is meant for time saving purpose.

If you are using file option then you need to enter required CVC`s in to the TXT file & then upload to the MPOS.

If you are using Info Provider then you need to create CVC`s data in to the respective info Cube & then upload to the MPOS.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Sujay

former_member492024
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

All you need is related on the help SAP link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/85/8e0d1c545942bf9fb5a1cb56d45a7a/frameset.htm

Cheers!

Michel Bohn